Dish Scapes on 199 is interesting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I recorded it for an hour and now that I am back from work, played it on 2x speed and this one is definitely one of the more boring ones I have seen. I was hoping it would have been better the second cycle through but it was identical.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
For those that complain about the cartoonish picture on 199. I Google earthed the exact site on Google Earth and their is a highway between the store fronts and the river. Also, a line of trees bocking the view. You want real noise, it would be cars honking and the roaring of their engines. I think the picture of Paris is perfect.

Reactions: grc
For a few seconds I see the number 2 appearing on the Eiffel Tower during the flashing lights. Last month it appeared in the sky just before the northern lights. Anyone have a guess as to what this is about?

For a few seconds I see the number 2 appearing on the Eiffel Tower during the flashing lights. Last month it appeared in the sky just before the northern lights. Anyone have a guess as to what this is about?
Dish is #2.

Next months sounds interesting - Shipwreck Treehouse. "Travel to the jungle and discover a self-sustaining treehouse made from shipwreck scraps. Plus tune to channel 198 for a second bonus Dish Scape"

Reactions: worstman1 and grc
Next months sounds interesting - Shipwreck Treehouse.
It does sound interesting. I hope the navigation issue doesn't happen with that one. If you haven't experienced the issue, please try the following:
  1. While on channel 199, press pause.
  2. Let it buffer up at least one minute, it makes it easier to experience.
  3. Press pause again to release.
Here, it immediately jumps back to live television. It doesn't matter if you press pause, play, slow motion, regardless of direction, how much time is buffered, it jumps. Live or recorded, the same thing happens. I noticed this issue a couple of days ago.

"Plus tune to channel 198 for a second bonus Dish Scape"
Shouldn't that description read channel 304, the same as The City of Love description?

It does sound interesting. I hope the navigation issue doesn't happen with that one. If you haven't experienced the issue, please try the following:
  1. While on channel 199, press pause.
  2. Let it buffer up at least one minute, it makes it easier to experience.
  3. Press pause again to release.
Here, it immediately jumps back to live television. It doesn't matter if you press pause, play, slow motion, regardless of direction, how much time is buffered, it jumps. Live or recorded, the same thing happens. I noticed this issue a couple of days ago.

Shouldn't that description read channel 304, the same as The City of Love description?
I think they did that on purpose. They don't want people recording them - instead, they want them to pay the extra $5 a month to get Gallery.

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
Interesting. That is a rather recent development. I usually record an hour of each of them so I can watch them at a faster pace to watch the different things change. Even happens for me on a 211k and I am not able to get Gallery with that receiver. They must want me to upgrade!

I have recorded an hour or so from every month since they began and moved them to my EHD.
They had a contest in the dish scapes Facebook group (counting the balloons). That's when they removed the ability to record, back up, etc. Who knows it may be back next month.

They had a contest in the dish scapes Facebook group (counting the balloons). That's when they removed the ability to record, back up, etc. Who knows it may be back next month.
But they didn't remove the ability to record as attested by all the people above, myself included, that have been recording and saving them all along.

I did try and record this morning and there is something different as some of the others have said. When I record, it records with no problem. However, when change the channel to some other channel, then go to my DVR and play the recorded Dish Scape, it hangs for a moment, jumps to the end and says end of recording and I brought back to the live channel on 199. However, I did record the first week of the month and that recording works fine. So as reported, there is something different that changed where the recording mechanism is different. Let's hope it is changed back so we can record the Dish Scapes next month.