Dish Scapes on 199 is interesting

This Shark Reef one is very similar to the previous one under the sea. I think they are using the same white noise sound effect to simulate the under the water part that they did back in August 2020 for the "Under the Sea" Dish Scape. The sunken ship also looks similar to August 2020. This one has a lot more coral reef.

The octopus or squid or whatever the huge thing is that comes from the right then goes in front of everything before swimming off is absolutely huge!

Unlike previous Dishscapes, the lighthouse one (on 198) is quite more animated and accurate. The shadows actually follow (sort of) the sun, there is a high and low tide that goes in and out, the storm and waves are very good. The one geophysical aspect not followed is the night stars don’t move with the rotation of the earth. But all in all, better than most.

Unlike previous Dishscapes, the lighthouse one (on 198) is quite more animated and accurate. The shadows actually follow (sort of) the sun, there is a high and low tide that goes in and out, the storm and waves are very good. The one geophysical aspect not followed is the night stars don’t move with the rotation of the earth. But all in all, better than most.
Yeah, I liked it too. I didn't see much wildlife other than the seagulls. In fact, not much moved at all other than the schooner and the hot air lanterns, and the water of course.
The huge thing looks like the Loch Ness Monster, more than an octopus!
Missed it.:(

And it loads much faster than it did before.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The huge thing looks like the Loch Ness Monster, more than an octopus!
If you are referring to the large reptile/flippered creature, it looks like it’s patterned after a Plesiosaur, an extinct Triassic aquatic reptile. This is the same creature that some have theorized is the animal behind the Loch Ness monster that somehow escaped extinction 66 million years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
Well, found both Bigfoots and I really like the undersea one. Lots of stuff going on in it but the lighthouse is the really impressive effort. Have you noticed the tide rises and falls as the day and night changes? And the storm waves are really well done. They even lower the flag as the storm approaches. Really nicely done. :thumbup

We haven't taken a look at Dish Scapes for a couple of months in this thread, but I saw that the EPG shows that the Haunted Mansion is coming back for October. Spookier than ever. I am guessing this is going to be the inside of the haunted mansion and not the outside. The outside of the haunted mansion is one of the best Dish Scapes they have done.

We haven't taken a look at Dish Scapes for a couple of months in this thread, but I saw that the EPG shows that the Haunted Mansion is coming back for October. Spookier than ever. I am guessing this is going to be the inside of the haunted mansion and not the outside. The outside of the haunted mansion is one of the best Dish Scapes they have done.
I noticed that it seemed interest in the monthly Dish Scapes waned a bit. I always look at them each month if only briefly, but I still look forward to the October and December Scapes.

I was wrong - 199 is Outside! 198 is inside the Haunted Mansion.

I was wrong - 199 is Outside! 198 is inside the Haunted Mansion.
The inside one is actually the inside of a hotel, not the mansion. They did the inside of the mansion the year after they first did the outside version. As far as the mansion goes they added a whole lot of stuff to that one. The hotel one, however, seems to have issues. It constantly flickers and changes resolution/focus. Anybody else seeing that?