Dish Scapes on 199 is interesting

My sister did that last month with the Holiday Dish Scapes. We fast-forwarded through several hours, and did not see enough change to make the effort worth it. This month's Dish Scapes is definitely a big improvement, and hopefully they will continue to improve even more going forward. If Dish is going to continue having both day and night scenes in the Dish Scapes, I just thought it would be a good idea to post the schedule of when the scene changes here, to make it easier for everyone to know how far to fast-forward (or skip forward) to get to the other scene. Otherwise, it can get a bit repetitive while you are waiting for the scene to change. :)
The Christmas Dish Scapes had the gnome scooting across the shelf, a mouse in the stocking and a cookoo coming out of the clock.

Western scene has a tumbleweed, the train, an eagle, the coyote and darkness with a moon.

Reactions: TheKrell
The Christmas Dish Scapes had the gnome scooting across the shelf, a mouse in the stocking and a cookoo coming out of the clock.
That was the Yule Log on channel 303. I posted what I noticed about Dish Scapes channel 199 in the thread about those channels, although I really didn't watch channel 199 for very long last month.
Flowing water in the stream, wind blowing, occasional sleigh bells.

I do like the Dish scapes, but going forward I would like to see it bimonthly. February could be a couple weeks of Valentine's Day, but that will age quickly. Why not have two weeks of something else after? A nice green scene for a couple weeks in March, a field with a rain mode instead of a night mode. Then shake it up a bit with shamrocks growing in the field, with a leprechaun popping in from time to time. Rainbow after the rain.

It is a great idea, but clearly in 1.0 stage is what I'm saying.

I agree. It was pretty cool at first, but by this time of the month we have a "been there done that" feeling about it.

Good aerial video of the Hollywood area with both night and day scenes. Dish web site claims that they used drones to capture the video. They did a good job.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Does anyone else wonder how things are going in that little western town now that we're looking at Hollywood? Is the train still running on time? Is it still windy, blowing the tumbleweed around? Is that coyote still roaming around the edge of town? Will we ever visit there again?

Does anyone else wonder how things are going in that little western town now that we're looking at Hollywood? Is the train still running on time? Is it still windy, blowing the tumbleweed around? Is that coyote still roaming around the edge of town? Will we ever visit there again?
Sure we will, next year whenever Dish does their western themed free previews again. ;)
If Dish ever has a month when they don't have a common theme for their free preview channels to promote as a "watch event" on the Dish Scapes channel, perhaps they could do a "best of Dish Scapes" on channel 199, rotating clips from all of the previous Dish Scapes themes. That would save them the trouble of coming up with a new Dish Scapes. :thumbup

While I found the western scape interesting enough to visit several times during the month, this Hollywood scape seems boring by comparison. I suppose I'll have to wait and see what Dish comes up with for March.
It reminds me of the shows that the Smithsonian channel did for each state they visited.I like what they did last month with the western theme.

Reactions: pattykay
Hurray for Hollywood! An ode to the Oscars coming up this Sunday? (apparently so, I just saw the shout out to Dish's Hollywood coverage)

And did you spot the Dish branding on the parking lot by the transmitter? It's not there in the evening shot.

Reactions: DJ Lon and pattykay
While I found the western scape interesting enough to visit several times during the month, this Hollywood scape seems boring by comparison. I suppose I'll have to wait and see what Dish comes up with for March.

On the one hand, the faux drone footage is more interesting than last month.

On the other, it has no replayability. I was bored before the first loop completed. Thankfully they chose the shortest month for this.

I wanted to watch Dish Scapes at work but I guess you can’t as the channel is not available from Dish Anywhere.

I am trying to figure out if the Hollywood scene is real of CGI. :)

DISH Scapes is viewable for me using the Dish Anywhere mobile application on a device connected to the local network. Looks good on iPhone.

DISH Scapes is viewable for me using the Dish Anywhere mobile application on a device connected to the local network. Looks good on iPhone.

Not for me (out of my home) If I select the channel no options are shown.

5d370a6195c8ac72e3a658114e08c87a.jpg

If I select another channel I get the watch option.

4ac7b9b094fde06a35108c90706ab1d7.jpg

On the one hand, the faux drone footage is more interesting than last month.

On the other, it has no replayability. I was bored before the first loop completed. Thankfully they chose the shortest month for this.
I watched what I think was a complete Hollywood cycle and once is enough...for me.
Me too. Very boring.
I think the Hollywood DISH Scape is great. I find normal programming boring.
Photography appeals to me, I guess. I have left Hollywood on my screen for considerably more than one loop.
At Christmas I left the Christmas DISH Scape on my screen instead of the yule log.

Reactions: pattykay