Dish Scapes on 199 is interesting

I have been watching the enchanted forest a little bit this morning, and this one feels nostalgic for me. I can't quite put my finger on it. Some combination of the Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, Fern Gully, and one of the forests from the Legend of Zelda series. Granted, only have had it on for 10 minutes, but the short time I had it on I like it.

Reactions: maggiedeahne
The daytime part is nice, but the night is a little creepy, except for the disco gnome.
Yeah, I saw the gnome come out and kick a tree for no apparent reason. What makes him a disco gnome? OIC; he comes out again, this time from the tree house, and dances to music and a light show. A fairy appears and dances around too, but not with the same music. A mysterious lady in purple comes out and conjures up a magical flower, which disappears shortly after she leaves again. Aha! I saw a Robin Hood type character come out and shoot 6 arrows at once! And some robust-looking bare-chested man in a grass skirt and wielding a big club came out and growled a bit before being passified by the fragrance of a flower.

And a unicorn. Alas, no bigfoot, at least so far.

Last edited:
I like that we finally get to see a close-up view of that fly-eating plant from the Halloween Dish Scape. It makes me wonder if this month's Scape is actually located adjacent to where that Scape took place. All of this stuff could have been happening just off-screen the entire time we were watching the Halloween Scape. If lawn gnomes start popping up during the next Halloween Scape, now we'll know the reason why. :)

I also like that Dish seems to have partially used a suggestion I made last year, about a different Scape:
Okay, I've got it! After Shark Week is over, it will be time for the annual Kids Binge-A-Palooza. So, they could put a pineapple there, and show SpongeBob coming out of it. Dish did just reach a new contract with Viacom, so this idea is not as far-fetched as it might seem.
Nickelodeon is sponsoring this month's Scape, and it is airing in conjunction with this year's Kids Binge-A-Palooza. :)

I like when this character comes back and shoots the tree with an arrow. That poor tree! The only talking tree in this section of the forest, and it has to put up with so much abuse!
Yeah he gets kicked by 1 gnome (tree laughs) then gets hit with a rock by another gnome (tree says "stop waking me up"). During the beginning and end of nightfall he also whistles tunes and rolls his eyes ...