Dish Scapes on 199 is interesting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I like to make up stories about the characters pictured in the Dish Scapes. I had already speculated that the truck that gets abducted in this scape was the same truck that drove through last July's scape. Remember that truck had a Dish license plate. So, what if the driver of that truck is also the one flying the Dish balloon? The alien from the alien balloon could also be the same alien that is flying the spaceship. So, each of them have to land their balloons and get to their respective vehicles, just in time to stage that abduction scene. I am imagining that there is a case of "sky rage" involved here. Like, perhaps the Dish balloon cut in front of the alien balloon while they were flying, and that ticked off the alien.

I like to make up stories about the characters pictured in the Dish Scapes. I had already speculated that the truck that gets abducted in this scape was the same truck that drove through last July's scape. Remember that truck had a Dish license plate. So, what if the driver of that truck is also the one flying the Dish balloon? The alien from the alien balloon could also be the same alien that is flying the spaceship. So, each of them have to land their balloons and get to their respective vehicles, just in time to stage that abduction scene. I am imagining that there is a case of "sky rage" involved here. Like, perhaps the Dish balloon cut in front of the alien balloon while they were flying, and that ticked off the alien.
I sense a career in Hollywood as a scriptwriter… “Alien Sky Rage”

Reactions: pattykay
The more I watch this I am enjoying this months Dish Scape. I don't know if it is reminding me of my childhood and a vacation I had, but that donut/coffee shop seems very cozy to me.

The one thing I noticed is how quickly the sun rises. I recorded the Dish Scape for 1 hour, and I timed the sunrise portion. From the time the sky still has all the starts and the first neon light gets turned off till everything is the morning daylight is 42 seconds. I don't recall the evening to morning going that quickly in the other Dish Scapes.

Reactions: maggiedeahne
The one thing I noticed is how quickly the sun rises. I recorded the Dish Scape for 1 hour, and I timed the sunrise portion. From the time the sky still has all the starts and the first neon light gets turned off till everything is the morning daylight is 42 seconds.
The answer is 42... ;) :biggrin

The part I like is how they rotate out the designs on the balloons. Designs that only appear on the smaller balloons in the background the first time through the scape get rotated to the larger balloons in the foreground the next time. Also, on one pass through the scape the UFO abduction is before the meteor shower, and on the other pass it is after the meteor shower. This helps keep things from feeling too repetitive, as long as you only watch the half-hour cycle twice in a row (one complete one-hour loop).

• Haha
This month’s dish scape is a bit underwhelming, particularly compared to last month’s dish scape (enchanted forest). The hot air balloon patterns and animations are well done and there’s plenty of them to look at, but it gets stale pretty fast. The enchanted forest dish scape had plenty of variety with a lot of rewatchability between the talking tree, the gnomes, and the bow and arrow girl. It’s a shame there’s so much potential with the scenery in this month’s dish scape but none of its utilized. The open landscape, large rocks, beautiful sky, but just dull.

It’s a shame there’s so much potential with the scenery in this month’s dish scape but none of its utilized. The open landscape, large rocks, beautiful sky, but just dull.
So true... the beautiful scenery is a mixture of different environments. Nowhere would you find dry buttes like those of Monument Valley mixed with saguaros of the Sonoran desert, with a fast-flowing river which could only exist in either desert during a flash flood. And dry riverbeds in either desert have scrub and not green vegetation.

Reactions: TheKrell
... the beautiful scenery is a mixture of different environments. Nowhere would you find...
The exact same thing could be said for almost all of the Dish Scapes so far...

This month’s dish scape is a bit underwhelming, particularly compared to last month’s dish scape (enchanted forest). The hot air balloon patterns and animations are well done and there’s plenty of them to look at, but it gets stale pretty fast. The enchanted forest dish scape had plenty of variety with a lot of rewatchability between the talking tree, the gnomes, and the bow and arrow girl. It’s a shame there’s so much potential with the scenery in this month’s dish scape but none of its utilized. The open landscape, large rocks, beautiful sky, but just dull.
It all depends on how much the sponsor is willing to pay. Evidently Nickelodeon (sponsor of June's scape) was willing to fork out more money for special effects than BBC America did for this month's scape.

But I will miss those balloons….and Bigfoot.
duck dynasty hashtag GIF

I saw the turtle crawl out of the water - I think it takes over 5 minutes of real time to get out of the water, up the shore then back into the water. The water on the beach reminds me of the June 2020 one. Very similar with the waves and look/feel to it.