Dish Scapes on 199 is interesting

I am trying to figure out where 198 is for the early preview. I guess Dish decided against turning it on, unless it is available on the hopper only. I have a VIP211k, so if that is the case I wouldn't see it.

Channel 198 is working on my Hopper3. I enjoyed watching Santa’s Workshop, Country Christmas, Winter Birds, and Hanukkah Celebration. The Holiday galleries show up as 28 On Demand videos.
The Holiday tab has the following:
Santa’s Workshop
Country Christmas
Christmas Train
Season of Light
Holiday Party
Christmas Spirit
Falling Snowflakes
Winter Birds
Ski Resort
Hanukkah Celebration
New Year’s Eve
NYE Fireworks
Merriest Month
Plus many others which I am not listing.
There is plenty to enjoy.

Last edited:
I noticed that several of the Dish Holiday Gallery are content from David Huting. Here is his web site.

I see the snow man move once in a while. Also there's a red bird that makes an appearance - and the barking dog. I keep hearing the sound of sleigh bells but never see it associated with anything on the screen. Am I missing something? Or maybe more is coming later?

I see the snow man move once in a while. Also there's a red bird that makes an appearance - and the barking dog. I keep hearing the sound of sleigh bells but never see it associated with anything on the screen. Am I missing something? Or maybe more is coming later?
The red bird is a Cardinal (male). I have only seen those things you mentioned also.

Reactions: grc
The melody guitar & bass line in the night-time scene has become an ear-worm for me. I'm humming it at work... Anyone have a clue who that is? Kinda sounds like he's got a slide on his little finger...ala Chris Rea or Craig Chaquico's soft guitar stylings from years (decades) past.... Someone please help me reclaim my sanity before I have to unpack my EQ and phase-out the wind so I can hear it better.

This months Dishscapes is kinda like watching a fireplace burn. Pretty, but kinda boring. Not much happening! Are they trending towards less activity?

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
This months Dishscapes is kinda like watching a fireplace burn. Pretty, but kinda boring. Not much happening! Are they trending towards less activity?

The screeching wind in the audio background prevents me from listening or viewing for any period of time -- ANNOYING!!

Maybe it's just me, but it's my impression that the Dish Scapes aren't as interesting as they were earlier. Most of the time you can watch them for a half hour and see all there is to see. The sound tracks are generally dominated by either wind or waves (or both). I know having some months that are more interesting than others is to be expected, but it has been a while since I've really been impressed by one.

This month, if we just want some ambience, we're just putting it on the traditional yule log and letting it run.

I recorded 90 minutes of the December thing and playing it back at 15X the only thing I see moving is the snow man who tilts a little to the right occasionally and the weather vane.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell