Dish Scapes on 199 is interesting

This is going to age me...but for the Amusement Park one, it is all upbeat, but as the storm comes in, the music changes, then as soon as the storm finishes, the upbeat music starts again. The music that starts as soon as the storm comes in reminds me of the Weather Channel back in the early 90's - the Local's on the 8's and the music they played during those forecast updates. I think that is my favorite part of that Dish Scape.

Reactions: 35mmfanatic
The amusement park is a wee bit boring (is that Bigfoot dancing?) but I'm liking the new bayou one. Looks like Bigfoot paddling down river in the mist at one point. The fireworks coming out of the chimney is somewhat weird though.
I saw the Bigfoot dancing. Reminds me of Adam Savage from Mythbusters dancing in a ghillie suit.

I noticed that there is a small change in the Amusement Park Dish Scape as the month went along. Earlier in the month, right before the storm came in, there were two kites in the air - a red and green kite. Now, there are no kites in the air right before the storm. At least the past couple times I have watched it there were no kites right before the storm. Maybe there is some randomization in whether there is a loop with or without kites, but I have not seen kites recently. At the beginning of the month, those kites let you know right before the storm was coming in.

I got an email today from Dish, with a link to a survey about Dish Scapes. I am not a member of their Facebook group, and I only recently started participating in this thread again. So, I am not sure how they picked people to receive the survey invitation. Check your email, just in case you were picked.

For those of you who were debating whether the Dish Scapes should have all music, or all natural sounds, you should know that I told Dish I like a mix of both. If you disagree with my choice, be sure to take the survey, and let Dish know. Otherwise, my choice may win, and you'll have no one to blame but yourselves. :raspberry

Next month's Dish Scape is the "Small Town Fall" - 'visit this quaint small town during the autumn and watch the leaves drift through'

Reactions: TheKrell
I actually like Amusement Park the best of any since one of the early ones(if not the first) which was drone footage around Hollywood sign and the tv towers above the Hollywood sign. There is one song in particular on Amusement Park that I wish I could find the title of.

Hmmm... that was another one of Dish's survey questions. They wanted to know if we would like to see more drone footage in the Dish Scapes. So, maybe more like that are coming...

I hope not, the "Hollywood DISH Scape" was the worst.

As to whether to include music or not, I vote, not. Take the "DISH Scape 1: Amusement Park", as DISH stupidly calls it, the music doesn't fit. It would have been better if the music was relevant to the Scape and at a much lower volume to pretend it's coming from the wharf or better yet, not there at all. A couple rounds and the repetitive music is enough to quickly encourage changing the channel or the wearing of ear plugs for the duration. And, the perspective of the wharf looks wrong.

Well, it looks like Bigfoot shows up riding a bicycle through the town square... And the robot is dumb!

And of course, there is the obvious sponsor of this month's Dish Scape... the Pickup Motor Company, as shown by the word "Pickup" proudly displayed on the tailgate of the pickup truck.

I would like it when night falls, because the dog and people stop barking, but then they play annoying music. How about some soft night time music. They go from boring in August to annoying in September. I though the sponser was that giant robot with the laser advertising. Did you miss him.