DISH Secures Long Term Cricket Rights

IMHO, they need to do a better job of covering American sports. Cricket does not meet that criteria. So as regards this "achievement" , I say whoop da f***ing doo!

For those who love cricket, this must be a gift.

Enjoy, but, I for one am getting tired of subsidizing this stuff.
Sorry
but not really.

I don't understand why you posted without reading any of the previous posts? Only those who choose to pay will be "subsidizing" it.

Last edited:
Again, for like the fifth time, I have nothing against cricket. Like I have stated over and over, the issue is not with Cricket it is with Dish ignoring the other variables which are causing sub losses.

Doesn't sound like it, at least when you started. If this is indeed the case, then start a new thread complaining about lack of channels you want. Those comments on a thread related to cricket channels point that your issue is with cricket, or threadjacking that one would usually expect from forum amateurs rather than a person with close to 9000 posts!

And please don't even pretend to know what is profitable and what is not for Dish, and what channels are causing people to leave Dish and what are geting additional subs or revenue. Of course not carrying the channels you want won't help Dish, but let's leave the economics of it all to Dish strategists and contract makers. Unless you have factual source to quote that specifically says how many subs were lost due to not carrying the MLB channel or the like.

Since people tend to ignore the request by Mods and myself, instead of ignoring it, I will have a little fun with this one.

DodgerKing takes a quick look at the title of the thread to see if it has changed, and to his surprise it still doesn't have the word "Dodgerking" in it.
Doesn't sound like it, at least when you started. If this is indeed the case, then start a new thread complaining about lack of channels you want. Those comments on a thread related to cricket channels point that your issue is with cricket, or threadjacking that one would usually expect from forum amateurs rather than a person with close to 9000 posts!
Ironic, isn't it?
And please don't even pretend to know what is profitable and what is not for Dish,
Yes Sir! Anything else you wish for me to not do?
and what channels are causing people to leave Dish and what are geting additional subs or revenue.
I don't know.
Of course not carrying the channels you want won't help Dish, but let's leave the economics of it all to Dish strategists and contract makers.
Yes Sir! Anything else you want me to leave to others? Can I express my opinion of some other economic issues or DBS providers, or is it just Dish of which I must not express an opinion?
Unless you have factual source to quote that specifically says how many subs were lost due to not carrying the MLB channel or the like.
Unless what? You need to complete this sentence. You have a subject without a predicate. I have a feeling it will just be another conditional imperative sentence, stating what I can or cannot do.

Last edited:
In my opinion this thread is past its sell by date. Just my opinion and it probably means sh*t. I hope Scott can intervene and lock it.

Or kudos to anyone that can steer this back to the topic new "Cricket Package available on Dish for $20".

In my opinion this thread is past its sell by date. Just my opinion and it probably means sh*t. I hope Scott can intervene and lock it.

Or kudos to anyone that can steer this back to the topic new "Cricket Package available on Dish for $20".
I agree

All the cricket fans are happy that we finally have a package for 20$ per month. Dish has made loads of money by charging huge sums of amount in the past...(charging more than 100$ for one series, it is impossible to even comprehend how much money has been charged for PPV). So obviously 20$ per month is a welcome relief. However I do understand that there are other sports fans who like to see their favorite sports teams. However attacking other subscriber’s choice won’t benefit anybody. All we should do is keep up the sportsman spirit and approach Dish to add these channels collectively…

By the way any sports it may be it has no boundaries or any limits it can appeal to… Cricket is a global game and is as much yours like ours..

I have to agree with vdsz, the cricket fans have a choice and they should be happy. If the game is important enough all they have to do is pay the fee. I as a baseball fan do not have that choice. I'd be happy to pay a little extra in the sports package or where ever to get the MLB network. Anyone who's ever read my posts knows I'm been critical of Dish but this time I'm calling out MLB.
From the bits and pieces I can gather (for the people much more knowledgeable than me please point out if I'm wrong here) I understand Dish would maybe carry this channel if they could place it where they want, but MLB insists it be carried in the lower packages. Again I don't understand the dynamics and economic impact of this but from a layman's point of view I see this as MLB being unwilling to compromise to get their product to the people who want it. In this all or nothing battle the Dish baseball fans once again lose. Again this is all based on the assumption Dish would carry it on their terms.

I can see why Dish is trying to reach out to the Indian demographic after reading this article

East Asians continue to excel in the U.S, but among minority groups, Indians are clearly the latest and greatest "model." In 2007, the median income of households headed by an Indian American was approximately $83,000, compared with $61,000 for East Asians and $55,000 for whites.
About 69% of Indian Americans age 25 and over have four-year college degrees, which dwarfs the rates of 51% and 30% achieved by East Asians and whites, respectively. Indian Americans are also less likely to be poor or in prison, compared with whites.
Indian Americans: The New Model Minority - Forbes.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)