Dish site is down this morning

Dirt rep said they are experiencing a web problem , have identified a fix, and it should be done in 72 hours.

72 hours????
Hint: That means stop nagging us about it until then. If, after that, there's still a problem, check back.
The lack of DIRT stepping into this thread and giving us any updates, speaks volumes if you ask me.
Why ? No explanation they give will pacify most. Most people are reporting everything is fine now. A few people can't, which suggests it's an ISP problem (DNS). As Scott (I think) pointed out just above, Dish can't do sh*t about that.

Hint: That means stop nagging us about it until then. If, after that, there's still a problem, check back. Why ? No explanation they give will pacify most. Most people are reporting everything is fine now. A few people can't, which suggests it's an ISP problem (DNS). As Scott (I think) pointed out just above, Dish can't do sh*t about that.

Not good enough for me.. I have work to do.. I can't get on the retailer site to do my business. I can't wait 72 hours. I can't wait another hour. I have tried getting in through my ISP.. I have tried through my VPN. I have reset my DNS. I have changed my DNS. This problem was caused by DISH..So telling me to Shut up and take it isn't going to cut it.

Haven't called a customer CSR. I can't get on the retailer site either.. Retail Services is clueless..

The Retailer Care site and Portal are working fine today. Yesterday everything was down including the site we use to enter sales. We called retailer services yesterday and they said they have a problem and were working on it.

I was also able get on dish.com with no problems today.

I got in just fine.

I went to www.dish.com, which redirected to http://www.mydish.com/?
I then clicked on LOG IN/OUT out at the top, which sent me to https://identity1.dishnetwork.com/saml/module.php/authSynacor/login.php?AuthState=blahblahblah

viewing the SSL certificate, it shows as valid:
View attachment 95172

But the website that some users, including me, are being redirected to is customersupport.dishnetwork.com and the certificate doesn't match there. The site you showed is the correct one.

I just loaded Firefox and still was not able to get the Dish website. I called my internet company, ERF wireless, and they told me I could not play around with DNS and keep internet service. So 2 days ago I had no problem getting the Dish Website. This is the 2nd day with no ability to get the site and no info from Dish other than a Dirt response to a PM I initiated. I , also, don't like to be told to shut up. We come here to get help and not to be bullied.

I just loaded Firefox and still was not able to get the Dish website. I called my internet company, ERF wireless, and they told me I could not play around with DNS and keep internet service. So 2 days ago I had no problem getting the Dish Website. This is the 2nd day with no ability to get the site and no info from Dish other than a Dirt response to a PM I initiated. I , also, don't like to be told to shut up. We come here to get help and not to be bullied.
What bullying?

Is not being able to log into the Dish website really that big of deal right now? Is there something that HAS to be done today that can't be done next week? If changes to an account need to be made can't you just call Dish or ask DIRT? It's an issue for Dish of course but seems to be a pretty big non-issue for us here.

I agree with the poster here. I called Dish about this problem. I stated here yesterday that the redirection was wrong and that the certificate for customersupport.dishnetwork.com was bad and AFAIR that is/was a legitimate Dish website. DIRT members should have been keeping up with this thread. Maybe the Dish apologists here should be the ones shutting up or taking some action to fix things if they're so smart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)