Dish Size and Ku Band S2 Signals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mister018

Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
Hey all, my ?'s pertains to minimum size for receiving Ku Band S2 signals.
I've got a old primestar 40" oval running into a pansat 9200 that will lock the S2's on AMC21.
Anyone using anything smaller with good results, I've been thinking of a multi fixed dish setup, as it looks like some/many signals may move to this format.

Also on a side note: Anyone got a Sathawk 800, Solomend, openbox9 receiver...if so how do you like it? pros/cons?

I was thinking of getting one for the fixed system and put my pansat back on the 10 footer.

thanks for any help you can give me

Anyone using anything smaller with good results
I have a motorized "Bob Jone" oblong Dish, is probably considered 80cm, which does very well on S2 Ku with the Solomend Driving it.

Anyone got a Sathawk 800, Solomend, openbox9 receiver...if so how do you like it? pros/cons?
I like mine, especially for the price. I don't use is as an everyday unit, mostly for watching feeds. and whatever it can't handle, goes to the AZBox.

I used to get S2 all right on my motorized 90cm dish, but upgrading to a 1.0M dish made the aim much less critical. I like the Sathawk receiver a lot. It's simple to operate and inexpensive. I'm likely to buy a second if Sadoun has success with the factory at getting an alternate remote . I'd like to run two in the same room, with my DVB PCI cards handling any 4:2:2 feeds.
:)

I have a Winegard DS2076 31 inch motorized dish. I get OETA, OKLA, LPB, and M-PBS on 125W, and a couple cool channels on 85W at 85+ quality on a CS8000.

.7M CM, S2's are above threshold for the most part. Only unable to lock some itinerant S2 wild feeds.

I use the Sathawk with no issues now...I got it when it first came out. I use an old Primestar 36" dish with no problems on the S2. The 30" was borderline on some stuff. Blind

Thanks for all the replies.

Here is what I found about dish size and signals in my area of the USA ( South Carolina )

AMC-21: Was able to use the Pansat and the 40" to lock all S2 signals good and steady... the 36" would not lock LPB...(could be the added cable length or the signal also having to pass thru the motor)

The Fla. Net and Fla. Channel on the 36" lock good and steady.

After careful consideration ,I've decided to downsize the dish "farm" to the 10 footer and move the Channel Master 43" tall X 40" wide onto the motor drive.

I plan on retiring the Channel Master 39" tall X 36" wide and the Channel Master Elip 29.5 tall X 40" wide to a safe storage space for later use, maybe.

I ordered a new receiver today, the openbox S9...also have a Pansat 9200HD as noted above, when the OB S9 gets here, I'll do some testing to see which performs best at what...one will go on the 10 footer and the other on the 40"

Roger

got a 30" here and get Montana & Oklahoma just fine
LPB is tricky...works great daytime...sucks at night here in Minnesota

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts