dish sizes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
How accurate is dishpointer.com on dish sizes?

in my opinion (only based from area) i would have to say not very accurate when it comes to sizes and what you can get in your area. when i looked at it, it seems like i cant catch anything from here lol but i have heaps of birds under lock includin DN sats

Since I'm considering retiring to Costa Rica I decided to take a peek at what info they had and they showed that CR is outside the footprint of most of the NA birds. dishpointer did show some NA birds (such as Galaxy 3 C-band) could be picked up with a 10 footer. Others have stated that a 25+ foot dish would work to pick up the NA birds. Dishes of that size would be difficult to install and maintain. If a 12 foot dish was adequate for Ku and if there was more content on the Ku birds then I would consider putting up a dish in CR. I suppose that there are some C-band sats in view that carry English language programming that I could pick up with a 12 footer. Otherwise, I'll have to go with a fixed pizza dish (Sky).

jn, you might search threads by "tonydix", he lives in Panama close to Costa Rica, might give you an idea of what you might be able to do down there. I believe his BUD is a 22-24 footer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts