Dish Smart Card Swap

i got a message on my tv tonight saying that my smart card was about to expire, and told me to call an 888 number or go to dishnetwork.com/smartcard . since i have not received anything in the mail, i called the number. the csr told me that i should have received the card in the mail by now, and they would have to send out another card. that would take 7-10 business days to get to me.
I asked him how long after they sent the card would my current card expire, after repeating the question a couple of times he put me on hold and came back with 21 days.
he assured me that the 21 days starts today, not the original day that they say they sent the card.
who knows if that is true or not

One thing that people don't know is, that Charlie owns a company that produces FTA receivers in Europe. FTA in Europe rules the air waves and is as common as we have Starbucks on every street corner in the USA. So maybe Charlie let's himself be vulnerable on purpose. It's all about the all mighty dollar.
Then you must know about Dish participation in Kudelski business - NagraStar LLC making cards for Dish specifically and Dish own 50% of it.

Still haven't seen the cards yet..... Did they all go out, or are others still waiting?

I'm still waiting for my cards but I'm an AT&T customer so we'll probably be the last ones.

Scott said that the plan is to switch to the new security system by next month, so we still have this month to get them.

Has anyone who has 'moved' received the new smart cards at their billing address? I'm sure hoping these cards are going to our billing addresses, rather than service addresses.

Looks like Dish will be speeding up its rollout of new Smartcard.

Origionally the plan was to upgrade all receivers by February and switch over to the new security system in February as well.

That planhas changed.

Dish will now be cutting over to the new security system next month.

If you haven't received your new smartcards yet, look for them soon.

Bye bye hackers. :D

I hope you're right because I need the card to receive the 72 satellite on my 1K.4. I talked to a retention rep in response to an email that I sent and he checked with the department that makes the cards to see if mine could be expedited or, if not, when they were scheduled to be mailed. It took two days to get a firm response but the gist of it was that the cards will be mailed out sometime between now and June and there's no way to determine when a customer's card will be mailed until it is in the queue. THere is also no way to expedite the mailing of the card.

For now, I'm off to "Plan B" - just as soon as I figure out what Plan B is...

Mario

Last edited:
This sounds like it's going to be a HUGE mess and a problem. Customers are going to get even more pi**ed off and leave for the competition. Charlie just doesn't get it. Things take time, have patience.

Mess? Hardly. Went smoothly last time. Both satcos do this every now and then. It's E*'s turn. D* will do it next.

This sounds like it's going to be a HUGE mess and a problem. Customers are going to get even more pi**ed off and leave for the competition. Charlie just doesn't get it. Things take time, have patience.

My theory, posted above, is that it is being speed up due to the lack of problems. I think we would be flooded with complaints on this forum if it was going poorly. The biggest problem I've read about was someone who's card slot was miss aligned. Most are reporting plugging the card in and being back on line in less than 10 minutes.

I also might mention, after perusing some of the sites with a rather poor definition of FTA (ahem), that the security is not hacked (at least with the hack being widely available). In fact, many posters seemed rather freaked out about it. I hope they get what they deserve.

Got my new cards today. Very simple, put the card in, the box rebooted and when it came back up all was well.

so are all receivers getting them? Have a 622 and 211, but haven't got anything yet. Bummer there goes me hacking all those HD channels, you know the ones that I am talking about for dish
Speed HD
Playboy HD
Xtsy HD
PBS HD
CW HD
Picking your nose HD

:)

But honestly I hope it does go well this time, be kind of interesting with the new receivers having the first card inside and now a new one for the slot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)