DISH still trying for wireless service

" get in to the wireless business from the ground up ."

Surely to God , Charlie isn't going to try to establish a wireless cell phone company from the ground up. Buy one , merge with one , partner with one, but not build one from the ground up.

Surely to God , Charlie isn't going to try to establish a wireless cell phone company from the ground up. Buy one , merge with one , partner with one, but not build one from the ground up.

The article just said "wireless business". Cell phone was not mentioned. I seriously doubt he wants to start an actual cell phone company.

I would imagine something more along the lines of Clearwire, fixed wireless internet service, and maybe home phone if they want a full triple play.

How about.......wireless TV service using cell phone data.

You live in the city? Awesome we will just set up these 4g recievers to run your TV...oh in the sticks?, well we have this nifty dish we can throw on your house to get TV service.

I know I'm dreaming. But that be awesome.

If they had enough bandwidth and coverage they could do tv and phone through the service. They could at least do triple play combined with the satellite dish and as technology improves might be able to eliminate the satellite dish.

The article just said "wireless business". Cell phone was not mentioned. I seriously doubt he wants to start an actual cell phone company.

I would imagine something more along the lines of Clearwire, fixed wireless internet service, and maybe home phone if they want a full triple play.

Charlie wants to have their own smart phones to sell someday. He sees Dish being in our homes and going mobile. Don't be surprised to see a Dish smart phone in the future.

I think over time DISH will still partner with Sprint. I hear they are having some good trials with Sprint going on in Texas currently and that they soon may expand those trials.

There are sometimes when reinventing the wheel is not a good idea... I think this is one of those times.

I think over time DISH will still partner with Sprint. I hear they are having some good trials with Sprint going on in Texas currently and that they soon may expand those trials.

There are sometimes when reinventing the wheel is not a good idea... I think this is one of those times.

The neat new thing they have described is broadbeam video for fixed price where you would not have data caps. Guess it would take a hybrid phone.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SatelliteGuys

My issue with Sprint is the lack of coverage. I live in a populous state most of the year and Sprint has almost no signal for me when I leave a city. Calls drop all the time. I had to go back to Verizon for service.

Best of luck to them!!! They are dreaming. Sure they may have some trials but sprint will make anyone a MVNO. I don't think Dish Network LLC could ever get the talent needed to build a wireless company. I think they are going to sell the company and trying to get as much spectrum as possible to add value to the company. They have very little beach front spectrum. Its going to be fun to watch the process unfold.

I rather see Dish work with T-Mobile. I know there is a rumor of Sprint buying T-Mobile, but I have a feeling that such a deal would probably be blocked. AT&T will campaign hard against Sprint as payback!

I listened to NPR this week and it looks like T-mobile wants to buy Sprint or merge with it. IF that happens , then maybe DISH will get to be in business with the new merged company. Either T-mobile buys Sprint or Sprint buys T-mobile. Will be interesting to see who comes out on top in that deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)