Dish Suggestion

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TreDEE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
I'm ready to jump off the roof of my house guys. After spending quite a bit of time getting my roof mount perfectly plumb I go to install my Stab HH90 onto my dish only to find out they are incompatible. The motor tube hits the back of the Winegard DS2076 making any elevation change impossible unless your dish elevation is 20 degrees. I need to pick out a new dish unless some of you veterans know of a modification I can make to install it? I measured from the bottom of the motor where the tube connects and its approx 25" to the roof line. What size of dish could I get away with that would work? Keep in mind the Stab HH90 only supports up to 95cm. Thanks for any help.

Do you have any pics? It's hard to visualize what the issue is.

Once you set the motor elevation, the dish elevation at 20 something sounds about right. If you are trying to get lower elevation and the tube is in the way, can you not just slide the dish's sleeve down to the bottom of the tube on the motor?

Is this the problem you are having?:

http://www.dvbresource.com/dishes/winegard/winegard_76_8.html

Will the suggested fix help you any?

Shawn

My Dish Elevation is 39.5 so I have the opposite problem. I cant get past about 20 degrees because it hits the dish.

If you turn the mount upside down (and then mount the dish and LNB arm the right side up) will it mount, and will it give you the required adjustments? I do not have that dish so I do not know if it is possible. Just a thought.

...Larry

Nope no go. I went ahead and ordered a new 80cm from Sadoun. I will let you all know how it turns out this weekend when I finally get to finish the install.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts