Dish support question 3LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrnick

Original poster
Feb 27, 2009
Wisconsin
Dish support question 5LNB

I have the HD dish w/ 5LNB's? - anyone know offhand how many connections come out of this?

*EDIT* Tried changing the topic, but I am pretty sure I actually have the slimline w/ 5LNB's not 3

Currently I have 1 HD DVR, 1 HD Box and 1 SD box using up 4 connections.

I am thinking of replacing the HD box with another HDDVR and am wondering if I will need another dish or multiswitch to support it.

The weather hasn't permitted me to climb up on the roof and check it out myself just yet.

Assuming it has enough connections would I have any issues hooking it up myself? It is as easy as running an extra line to the current HD box and hooking up the DVR?

Thanks

Last edited:
if the dish has 4 outputs, you will need a multiswitch to connect any additional receivers. If the dish has one output that is simply split 4 times then you just need a splitter. either are easy to install and won't require you to get on the roof. You can install either at a common point near the ground where all the lines are together.

The dish does indeed have 4 outputs and you will need to route all of them into a wideband 6x8 multiswitch. the switch can be located outside if it has to be, but this is not recommended, hopefully all 4 wires run into your basement or attic.

Nope he ran them all over, 2 down the side of the house for the one DVR and the others into the central hookups in the basement.

I was planning on cleaning it up anyways, running everything through the attic instead of the outside walls of my house. So I guess this is further incentive.

Anyone have luck getting a free multiswitch when upgrading equipment?

Nope he ran them all over, 2 down the side of the house for the one DVR and the others into the central hookups in the basement.

I was planning on cleaning it up anyways, running everything through the attic instead of the outside walls of my house. So I guess this is further incentive.

Anyone have luck getting a free multiswitch when upgrading equipment?

They'll give you a multiswitch, but they'll require a tech to install it. I don't think they are capable of shipping one directly to you, they just have the techs pull them off the truck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.