Resolution??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Carta

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
Northeast PA
I have an HD DVR..I have a Samsung 1080p 52 " tv... When watching an HD program, the receiver Res indicator is always on 480p... Why doesn't it go to 1080i automatically.. If I manually press Res button to 1080i, it stays there until I switch to another channel.. Then it goes back to 480p.. Is this normal?
The guide says: "The resolution indicator is locked to 480p in SD" What does this mean; and am I able to change it?
It just doesn't make sense to get up and change Res everytime I change the channel... Thanks

Remove the 480i/p from a selection and use only 720/1080 and set native to on.

Remove the 480i/p from a selection and use only 720/1080 and set native to on.
============================
Thanks Z, Now the Res goes to 720p automatically...Why not 1080p? I'm going to assume all channels don't broadcast in 1080p.. Are there any that do?

On your HD DVR press Menu, go to system setup, then to HDTV, and then click on Resolutions. There you will find all of the resolutions. I would only have the 1080i and the 1080P checked off. You don't need the 480i, 480p, 720i or 720P checked at all.

Hope this helps.

On your HD DVR press Menu, go to system setup, then to HDTV, and then click on Resolutions. There you will find all of the resolutions. I would only have the 1080i and the 1080P checked off. You don't need the 480i, 480p, 720i or 720P checked at all.

Hope this helps.

==============================
Sundude, Thanks alot,

I don't think DirecTV has any 1080p broadcasts yet. I think all HD is either 720p or 1080i.

I don't think DirecTV has any 1080p broadcasts yet. I think all HD is either 720p or 1080i.
There have been a couple Showtime VoD programs that were 1080p but now all I've seen is some trailers you can use for testing 1080p between the STB and the TV.

Ya, so does D* .....
I wasn't sure if that was in CE's onlt with D* though or available to everyone now...

And the occasional D* clip

Jimbo

Jimbo, the code to support 1080p has been rolled out in the national code for awhile now.

Ya, so does D* .....
I wasn't sure if that was in CE's onlt with D* though or available to everyone now...

And the occasional D* clip

Jimbo

I wasn't aware they were sending stuff out over the satellite in 1080p now. I knew they were doing it over the on demand stuff. Way to go!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts