Dish Surprise RSN Feed - CSN Chicago

zippyfrog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Chicago, IL
Something I find interesting given how tight Dish is for bandwidth. Right now the Bulls/Rockets game is in HD on 429. CSN+ has an alternate feed of the game called "Behind the Lens" where there are multiple camera views on the game shown simultaneously on the screen. Currently being broadcast on 447 in HD. I am shocked that Dish is showing an HD feed of this alternate feed of the game. So here in Chicago, we are taking up 2 HD feeds of the same game. Has Dish done something recently to make more bandwidth for RSN's? Maybe it is just a light sports night, but seeing 11 NBA games made me wonder about the bandwidth issue.

I better not see any Blackhawks games 'JIP' if they have enough bandwidth to do this! The only winning team we have in Chicago and there are times that I can't even watch the entire game because the Bulls/Sox/Cubs game is on at the same time.

Fox Sports Detroit has two feeds of the same Tigers game a couple times a season. I'm not positive but I think I remember Dish carrying both the main and alternate feed of the same baseball game in HD at least once. I know I remember flipping back and forth between both feeds of the game but I'm not 100% sure they were both HD. The RSNs are probably a bit less congested in the summer than they are with both NBA and NHL season active at the same time though.

The thing that bothers me most about the part time HD RSNs is Dish never shows the Michigan high school football state championships in HD the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving. These games are mostly during the day when there is very little else on the RSNs so I know the bandwidth is available.

This year, out of 8 divisions the only one that was in HD was on FS Detroit Plus. The Pistons or Wings were on the main channel in HD and Dish decided to light up the HD RSN alt channel. The same thing happened last year with the only HD game being the one that was on an ALT channel. It's like Dish doesn't realize these are live events except for the one they have to light up FS Detroit Plus for.

My parents always have people over to their house during these games to watch and they always get them in SD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)