Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
?TV Shows & Movies

DISH is conducting research to investigate consistency and quality of information across our platforms; i.e. on your TV (live/DVR/On Demand), online, or on your phone and tablets.
If you encounter any situation where you see any of the following information missing or incorrect, please let us know in this thread.

•artwork

•incorrect naming

•episode number

•other missing/incorrect information while watching TV

Thanks for the feedback!

This is for Charlie to amass evidence of guide quality problems for his next upcoming contract dispute with Tribune media, showing how their service is "devalued"

?amidoingitrite? :)

Last weeks episode of The Bridge on Fx,lists as episode 26.This being the first season,pretty sure that would be incorrect.I can also recall other shows having incorrect episode numbers.

Oh,and when some movies or shows have a pretty big description,the last portion seems to get cut off.Not sure how they could correct it though.

Last weeks episode of The Bridge on Fx,lists as episode 26.This being the first season,pretty sure that would be incorrect.I can also recall other shows having incorrect episode numbers.

Oh,and when some movies or shows have a pretty big description,the last portion seems to get cut off.Not sure how they could correct it though.

FX does 3 minute recaps late night during weekend that counts towards that total. Tribune should rename those or something

I went to record "Patton" on one of the free Cinemax channels last weekend but it recorded some Mel Gibson movie instead...no clue what it was really didn't care but was rather unhappy I couldn't get that on my DVR saved.

Unless they fixed it recently, As late as the middle of last week I could always find a show with truncated description. Most notable on shows where the title includes the 2nd or 3rd as you only see the first couple words and then ...

Network - > CW
Program -> Whose Line is it Anyway
Market -> PR
Summary -> No episode information. So the DVR ends up recording all episode.

Also...as a general, the episode numbers for a lot of shows are always out of order. Eg...on Cinemax - Strike Back...the season 3 episodes are not in correct but the original air date is correct & it recorded correctly

The original airdate helps me to find the correct program sequence to watch because sometimes a newer episode number is less then the previous one.

Havent find any issues with movies though.

Some major Local OTA channels missing guide data here in Vegas, I don't expect them all but some major ones like PBS Create and This have no guide data.

Hard to record Bob Ross painting shows :D

OK, I will add A LOT to this thread in the coming days. However, for now:

No artwork or channel logo on the guide for non-big net OTA's, just the local antenna icon. However, for those same channels, the artwork tile for the newscast is the ACTUAL station LOGO. So, the channel logo artwork DOES exist! Please add it to the appropriate channel on the EPG. For example: KCAL 9 in Los Angeles has local antenna icon as Channel Logo on the EPG, but the actual channel logo is used as the tile for the newscasts. This is consistent for all the other local non-big 4 and CW and MyTV channels.

I will have lots more to do more directly with Tribune provided data for particular programs coming soon. I see TONS of such mess-ups. However, I will add that TiVo also uses Tribune and I see far LESS errors with TiVo's guide and info and episode number data.

I notice errors all the time, but of course when you ask for details .......

Some general issues:
- some series that are trotted out as new have the date being aired in original showing but
original date on repeat broadcasts which can make it difficult to scheduled recordings if you
jump into a series late
- many time ratings are wrong leading to surprises if you lock out certain ones
this can be aggravating when you want to watch edited versions of movies on broadcast
channels where nudity, etc. is edited out
- some programs simply have wrong title and description

a specific example of the last point:
- weekly 1:00AM Sunday on 258 CHRCH
shows as "The Potters Touch" with T.D.Jakes
what airs is "This is Your Day" with Benny Hinn

Leave this post up for a while and I'm sure we all can post more specifics as we find them

In many of the prime time network shows the actor line is either NA or some actors from the series first show ever. They are not the ones in the current show many of the times. Many times the actor has already left the show.

Year 2000 movie Bruno starring Shirley McClain had correct info, but used the title card from the 2009 film Bruno starring Sacha Barron Cohen.

I had another one just now, but lost it. Also, saw more a few days ago, but couldn't write them down. I'll try to keep better track.