DISH Survey: TV Shows and Movies

To add to my Breaking Bad woes- after needlessly extending the recording time of just about every other episode it cut off the ending of the finale. I missed at least 5, maybe 10 minutes. Could only download a SD version from on demand. This download froze the Hopper from every other function. I had to reset it. Not specifically an issue of the EPG but AMC's website won't let you stream the episode unless you have a cable provider. I had a friend over to watch the last two shows. Thanks Dish. I doubt he will leave Directv for your service after this embarrassing (for me) experience.

To add to my Breaking Bad woes- after needlessly extending the recording time of just about every other episode it cut off the ending of the finale. I missed at least 5, maybe 10 minutes. Could only download a SD version from on demand. This download froze the Hopper from every other function. I had to reset it. Not specifically an issue of the EPG but AMC's website won't let you stream the episode unless you have a cable provider. I had a friend over to watch the last two shows. Thanks Dish. I doubt he will leave Directv for your service after this embarrassing (for me) experience.

Seems like thats an issue on your end. Did you set manual timers or something?

The Actors shown for CSI are the stars of the 1st episode in 2000. I find this error to be there for many shows.

Sun Oct. 20 @1AM: Axs Tv: EPG reads movie "The String" a gay themed movie with artwork/tile of the 2 men in modern times about love between a man and a houseboy, but this INCORRECT. In fact, the movie "The Sting" with Robert Redford was airing. This one of funnier, but still annoying, mistakes of MANY of Tribune's with EPG Data.

Monday morning 10/21 BLTV channel 203 incorrect
12AM-1AM says "First Look" and 1AM-2AM says "Countdown" business news programs both are actually paid commercial programs. The guide 7 days out has same listing.

Are any of these incorrect ongoing listings going to be corrected? None have so far. Are we wasting our time with these posts.

Tonight at 10PM on Comedy Central, the new episode of South Park wasn't scheduled to be recorded by my HWS. All the data appeared to be there, so when I looked to see what the reason for skipping was, it said "exists in DVR", which it certainly doesn't.

Last night on SyFy, 11PM listed episode 5 of Fangasm and midnight listed episode 6. At 11PM was really the usual FaceOff rerun, and at midnight was episode 5. At this point, episode 6 doesn't appear in the schedule anywhere, it should be next Tuesday at midnight according to SyFy's website.

On local channel WNEP-16 out of Scranton, "Pennsylvania Outdoor Life", Sundays at 6:30PM, never shows up as new, always with no date. I know that somebody was paying attention to local programs at some point because it has a custom icon, so why can't they get the rest of the data?

Yeah it started pretty lame, but I decided to stick with it since it's only 6 episodes. #5 was actually the best so far.

Looks like I may have missed #6, as I saw the beginning of it at the end of my recording of #5. So maybe it's really not airing next week, maybe SyFy's website is screwed up, but that still doesn't excuse Dish's guide being screwed up so much.

Also on the subject of cheesy programming, I somehow didn't see that season 2 of Brickleberry on Comedy Central had started til last week, so I set a "new and repeats" timer in case they re-ran the earlier episodes. A few nights ago I saw last week's episode listed, but when I watched it I found that it was a rerun of South Park instead.

Yeah it started pretty lame, but I decided to stick with it since it's only 6 episodes. #5 was actually the best so far.

Looks like I may have missed #6, as I saw the beginning of it at the end of my recording of #5. So maybe it's really not airing next week, maybe SyFy's website is screwed up, but that still doesn't excuse Dish's guide being screwed up so much.

Also on the subject of cheesy programming, I somehow didn't see that season 2 of Brickleberry on Comedy Central had started til last week, so I set a "new and repeats" timer in case they re-ran the earlier episodes. A few nights ago I saw last week's episode listed, but when I watched it I found that it was a rerun of South Park instead.

You basically said what my edit said. Syfy probably reshuffled the lineup last minute with Fangasm having EXTREMELY low ratings so pushed the already reshuffled episodes back an hour to get better ratings with Faceoff rerun.

OK, Dish NEEDS to dump Tribune and find someone who can come up with a better system. What I just found today is beyond stupid.

I noticed no new South Park episode in my timer schedule for Wednesday, so I went through the guide expecting to find an incomplete listing. Instead, at 10PM, not South Park is listed, but a religious program from South Parkway Church!

I would love for someone to explain to me how this happened, because I certainly can't think of anything.

OK, Dish NEEDS to dump Tribune and find someone who can come up with a better system. What I just found today is beyond stupid.

I noticed no new South Park episode in my timer schedule for Wednesday, so I went through the guide expecting to find an incomplete listing. Instead, at 10PM, not South Park is listed, but a religious program from South Parkway Church!

I would love for someone to explain to me how this happened, because I certainly can't think of anything.

LMAO! It'll probably be fixed before it comes about that this is just awesome in a sadistic sort of way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts