Dish switching to directv good choice?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
you're welcome. yes the cinemax deal was very hard for me to give up too. it's a great deal! I'm sure you feel relieved to have made this decision. Change isn't always good.
I welcome change, as long as it's for the better. Thanks again!

I feel the opposite! I wouldn't give up E* unless I was forced to.:D
D* Been there done that.
KAB, If you like Cinemax, Or any other Premiums. Fantastic DVRs You are Making a Huge Mistake.:(
But Good Luck with what ever you decide:up
You can Trust, "Rey" He wouldn't BS you. There is not to many others in the D* forums I can say that about. ;)

I'm also in on that Cinemax for a penny a year deal. A freebie I'd be giving up. My wife and I have since discussed, and we're going to stay with Dish if we can get LOS to 129. She especially does not want to mess with the lag time. Thank you for your "counsel".
I had the cinemax for a penny as well but really never watched it seems like when I was home flipping channels it was the skinamax hours.
I was able to get D* to throw in a year of Showtime for free, which I am enjoying a lot better. But to be honest with netflix, I won't miss it once the year is over.

D* Been there done that.
KAB, If you like Cinemax, Or any other Premiums. Fantastic DVRs You are Making a Huge Mistake.:(
You can Trust, "Rey" He wouldn't BS you. There is not to many others in the D* forums I can say that about. ;)
Hemi, you might do well to read a few posts back.:rolleyes: Do you always just go by what's on the LAST page?????

Last edited:
D* Been there done that.

Thanks Hemi. and yes if people want the best dvr available right now and the best HD premiums lineup, dish is the place. :up

I had the cinemax for a penny as well but really never watched it seems like when I was home flipping channels it was the skinamax hours.
I was able to get D* to throw in a year of Showtime for free, which I am enjoying a lot better. But to be honest with netflix, I won't miss it once the year is over.

cinemax was the group of premiums i liked the most when i had it with dish. and yes skinamax hour was good too :D

cinemax was the group of premiums i liked the most when i had it with dish. and yes skinamax hour was good too :D
I was actually trying to knock skinamax. I relate skinamax to non-alcoholic beer; I just don't see the point. If I am going to drink, I want something that is going to get me drunk. :D

reasons why i like directv better then dish.

#1 YES network
#2 MLB extra innings not available on dish
#3 HD dns
#4 i hate the way dish upgrades the program guide by making you wait and not being able to watch anything while its doing that

reasons why i like dish

#1 may order HD standalone package
#2 more channel package options and more ala carte style add on's

#4 i hate the way dish upgrades the program guide by making you wait and not being able to watch anything while its doing that

If you time your update for when you're asleep, you would not have to.

I like Direct's equipment better and graphics much better. Cross my fingers, have not had a repair issue in 5 months. I miss the OTA tuner from dish and punch a number and right from dish to advance guide. I also miss the more logically laid out channels. I was misshandled at a cost of 23 dollars a month and have already told Direct to not expect a long term commitment. May try Uverse, next.:D

the reason I prefer D* is the fact I will get 4 RSNs instead of 2

the reason I prefer D* is the fact I will get 4 RSNs instead of 2
I got CW in HD and my Fox Sports South in HD 24-hours a day. I would also be willing to bet PBS in my area gets added in HD on D* a year or so before E*.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)