DISH Timer Notification 1204

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TeeMac

Original poster
Sep 9, 2022
Decatur, TX
While watching live tv, a “Timer Notification 1204” message pops up. The message tells me that a program that I’ve chosen to record is about to begin on this tv. It the states: Select ALLOW to view this event or STOP to cancel this recording and continue watching your current programming.”
This happens at the end of my live program. It takes over the screen and interrupts the ending of the live program. Very frustrating!
And, even though I select STOP, it changes over to the program being recorded.
Any help is appreciated.

While watching live tv, a “Timer Notification 1204” message pops up. The message tells me that a program that I’ve chosen to record is about to begin on this tv. It the states: Select ALLOW to view this event or STOP to cancel this recording and continue watching your current programming.”
This happens at the end of my live program. It takes over the screen and interrupts the ending of the live program. Very frustrating!
And, even though I select STOP, it changes over to the program being recorded.
Any help is appreciated.
You may have overlapping timers that are using up your available tuners. Which receiver do you have? A Hopper 3 would not be likely to have the problem, but a Hopper 1 or 2 could.

I have a Hopper 2. Dish wants me to upgrade but I want the issue fixed without spending more money.
The issue is not going to fix with overlapping timers. The networks purposely extend beyond top of the hour programming to make it hard for you to record other programming. You could set your timers to stop advance recording in your timer settings. You would also have to change your end recording timers as well. I had a 722 as well as a Hopper 1 in the past and had to play all kinds of scheduling games to get around just two recording channels. That all went away with the H3.

Last edited:
I have a Hopper 2. Dish wants me to upgrade but I want the issue fixed without spending more money.
The issue resolves when you upgrade to the H3.. Why you ask?

the H3 has 16 tuners, the h2 has 3 I believe.
So you could record 16 programs with ZERO issues of over lap, IF you happen to have a 17th scheduled at one of the same time as the other 16 then you would..
It really is that simple.. It's not an issue that needs fixing outside of getting another hopper the hopper 3 to be exact

Reactions: charlesrshell
I think this is a bug, I see it on my Wally all the time when I'm watching the channel it's planning to record and the other tuner is free.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)