DISH to Become National Facilities-based Wireless Carrier

I thought he said that they would release it within a couple of days of his asking them to, so it shouldn't be a problem. Maybe sometime in the past someone at Boost asked him if it wanted this protection and he said yes?
Definitely never did that. I thought I was asking how to get the phone unlocked having been a customer the required time. Maybe I've confused the entire process.

Definitely never did that. I thought I was asking how to get the phone unlocked having been a customer the required time. Maybe I've confused the entire process.
If you are leaving Boost because of the 3G shutdown that is coming up, unlocking your phone is a moot point. It likely won't work with the LTE networks anyway. What specific phone do you have?

If you are leaving Boost because of the 3G shutdown that is coming up, unlocking your phone is a moot point. It likely won't work with the LTE networks anyway. What specific phone do you have?
LG Stylo3

When Boost took over they promised you could keep the plan you were on. They never explained that in the future you would have to buy a GSM phone and change your plan to a new much more costly plan.

Reactions: charlesrshell
LG Stylo3

When Boost took over they promised you could keep the plan you were on. They never explained that in the future you would have to buy a GSM phone and change your plan to a new much more costly plan.

At first glance, it looks like that phone only works on Boost's network.

If you have the LS777 (LG Stylus 3 - Full phone specifications) then you are out of luck. As far as I can tell, it does not have VoLTE, which means T-Mobile is out of the question since you cant use GSM to place calls and would be at the mercy of the very limited 3G coverage (should still be able to text/use data). Verizon, while compatible, will shutdown CDMA at the end of 2022, so even if you try to get it activated (odds are you wont be able to, they haven't accepted CDMA phones for a while) it will only work until 2023 due to the same lack of VoLTE. And finally, ATT. There, you should be able to place calls over 3G, but guess what, they are shutting down 3G in February. So yeah, I would be trying to force a new phone out of boost if I were you.

If you have the LS777 (LG Stylus 3 - Full phone specifications) then you are out of luck. As far as I can tell, it does not have VoLTE, which means T-Mobile is out of the question since you cant use GSM to place calls and would be at the mercy of the very limited 3G coverage (should still be able to text/use data). Verizon, while compatible, will shutdown CDMA at the end of 2022, so even if you try to get it activated (odds are you wont be able to, they haven't accepted CDMA phones for a while) it will only work until 2023 due to the same lack of VoLTE. And finally, ATT. There, you should be able to place calls over 3G, but guess what, they are shutting down 3G in February. So yeah, I would be trying to force a new phone out of boost if I were you.
Att has no CDMA

Att has no CDMA
LS777 supports HSDPA 850 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 , out of which ATT runs 850/1900 UMTS (3G), it wont do 2G due to lack of GSM bands, but that's redundant with ATT. Just because its a CDMA phone doesn't mean it cant run UMTS/LTE.

The LG Stylus 3 is not the same phone as the LG Stylo 3. The Stylo 3 that Jon J has supports 4G LTE and VoLTE.
While I cant find any mention on VoLTE on LG's website, and while I also know that Stylo is the custom version of the Stylus models for the US, if its true that VoLTE is supported then T-Mobile may be on the table then. ATT is definitely not going to work, because they don't provision special services (Visual Voicemail, VoLTE, etc.) unless the phone is bought from them, which is insane imo.

LS777 supports HSDPA 850 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 , out of which ATT runs 850/1900 UMTS (3G), it wont do 2G due to lack of GSM bands, but that's redundant with ATT. Just because its a CDMA phone doesn't mean it cant run UMTS/LTE.
His phone is cdma

Attachments

• stylo3.PNG
    stylo3.PNG
    10.1 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: comfortably_numb
I don't think that applies to iPhones- I have a sim-free iPhone 12 and all the ATT services work fine on mine
They will that to iPhones because they are "all made the same". Doesn't explain why, lets say Samsung sim free phones cannot get those services despite being fully compatible (however, this seams to be changing, apparently the S20 and above models are getting VoLTE now)

While I cant find any mention on VoLTE on LG's website, and while I also know that Stylo is the custom version of the Stylus models for the US, if its true that VoLTE is supported then T-Mobile may be on the table then. ATT is definitely not going to work, because they don't provision special services (Visual Voicemail, VoLTE, etc.) unless the phone is bought from them, which is insane imo.
The LG Stylo 3 and other LG phones use "Advanced Calling" in the menus and "HD Voice" is the setting for VoLTE.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts