Dish to close Customer Service Center near Houston

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
And with the way the oil industry is right now, will be hard for some of those 500+ Alvin residents to get jobs elsewhere in the area.

I wonder if they don't really need the csrs , but they just plan on having people talk to foreign csrs or just wait on the lines longer for help. Either way it won't help them in the top 10 hated companies in America list. DISH ranks in the top 10 every year for most hated customer service to do business with.

Are you and Claude related? :biggrin

verizon wireless is closing call centers nationwide and outsourcing the work.

hey is cheaper anywhere else..

they offer to relocate workers to other locations. and help them move.

then close their new location. so they are away from home, no familys and friends, and no job

would the last american worker please turn out the lights.....

verizon wireless is closing call centers nationwide and outsourcing the work.

hey is cheaper anywhere else..

they offer to relocate workers to other locations. and help them move.

then close their new location. so they are away from home, no familys and friends, and no job

would the last American worker please turn out the lights.....

Yep.....why pay $15 or 20 an hour when you can pay someone that for a week?...No insurance, no 401k, no pensions.....Its the American way now......enjoy

It is high time someone did something about it, not make excuses for it.

Make America Great Again.

Id say your over 30 years late to the party buddy....Its gone and NEVER coming back.....Your a fool if you think different!
We had our chance to save things......most just slept through it!!!!!!!!!!

I was laid off from a Westinghouse manufacturing plant in 1997, when they moved our work to Canada and Mexico. I have a four year degree and they offered to pay my schooling to go to the Junior college to learn a trade.

If your mindset is it can never change it never will.
That said, I would love to blame business for only looking at the bottom line but that isn't always the case. There are companies who look at the big picture and want to keep jobs here. But policies including health care, minimum wages and others are driving the exodus. I'm not making a judgement in this post about the policies it's simply the facts. Costs imposed on employers like Mcdonald's is literally a risk of putting them in a position to cut jobs over the next year and that's even if they are profitable, if it is like the last two or three years maybe worse. It has cut full time jobs in companies to the lowest level in almost forever. While it's easy to blame unions for what seems like unreasonable contracts like with the Automobile industry, it's the companies that agreed to them in the end. There was a time and still may be that those retired from that industry had better healthcare and income than those still working an unsustainable scenario as they found out. We mistakenly became a service industry driven economy, great when the economy is good, not when it sinks worldwide.

Reactions: AZ. and KAB
Are you and Claude related? :biggrin
No, not related ,but the facts are the facts. DISH is one of the top 10 companies that Americans love to hate the most. Based on their poor customer service according to the list rules. DISH was the company that did away with most of their U.S. call in centers and went with over seas csrs who were named "Sally and Bob". But their accents were like Apoo off of the Simpsons. They finally learned that this alone was costing them subs ,due to what? Poor customer service due to language barriers. I know that today if I get a foreign csr when I call DISH, I hang up and call again, till I get either an American - I can understand , or I will do an online chat. So now I'm betting they will either out source again to foreign csrs or they will just make you wait longer on the phone for a csr to talk to you .

Reactions: Tampa8 and Troch77
No, not related ,but the facts are the facts. DISH is one of the top 10 companies that Americans love to hate the most. Based on their poor customer service according to the list rules. DISH was the company that did away with most of their U.S. call in centers and went with over seas csrs who were named "Sally and Bob". But their accents were like Apoo off of the Simpsons. They finally learned that this alone was costing them subs ,due to what? Poor customer service due to language barriers. I know that today if I get a foreign csr when I call DISH, I hang up and call again, till I get either an American - I can understand , or I will do an online chat. So now I'm betting they will either out source again to foreign csrs or they will just make you wait longer on the phone for a csr to talk to you .
I do the same I hang up and call back.
Because it's bad enough to get accurate information out of a CSR to begin with.
The Foreign accents don't make it any easier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yes. It has nothing to do with who is on the other end, if I can understand them and they are in India, or Mexico or wherever it isn't relevant. I've just about given up on the accurate information part no matter where they are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)