DISH to deliver Olympics in 4K HDR

I'm able to see and record the 4k channels on my 4k Joey. Something is off with the picture though.
1518227404407.jpg

Reactions: buist
Do you have the AT200 or above programming package?
FYI, just to set the record straight, AT120 is all that’s required. It’s what I have and am getting 147-05 and 540...spectacular images!

I’ve seen others state (and for that matter, was told by a Dish rep!) that AT200 was required, but that is wrong.

I'm able to see and record the 4k channels on my 4k Joey. Something is off with the picture though. View attachment 131301
Since you seem to be the only one able of doing it on your 4K Joey, could you post the version number of your 4K Joey software?
You can find it by pressing Home two or three times. Mine is currently U487. What's yours?
Also, you said "4k channels" (in plural) can you post the channel numbers? Just want to confirm that you are talking about ch 540 (147-05).

Reactions: JSheridan
Since you seem to be the only one able of doing it on your 4K Joey, could you post the version number of your 4K Joey software?
You can find it by pressing Home two or three times. Mine is currently U487. What's yours?
Would it be a combination of Firmware and Hardware that might be at work? My 4K Joey is at Software "U487 1/30/2018, 1:49AM" and Hardware ID ZEBH / Processor ID 22C137C3.

As stated before, I am not able to see the 4K HDR channels or the 4K HDR event recorded on the DVR.

One response I got is that Dish posted when it came out that the 4K Joey was not compatible with HDR

I'm not really impressed at all with the NBC 4K. College football on Fox last season was much better (had the 4K pop) with most games. I think all they are doing is sending 4k bandwidth for resolution but cameras aren't truly 4K. This is how most of the material on netflix looks in 4K just high end 1080P. Speciality shows showing off mainly nature are using real 4K cameras and difference is bigly. :)

I'm not really impressed at all with the NBC 4K. College football on Fox last season was much better (had the 4K pop) with most games. I think all they are doing is sending 4k bandwidth for resolution but cameras aren't truly 4K. This is how most of the material on netflix looks in 4K just high end 1080P. Speciality shows showing off mainly nature are using real 4K cameras and difference is bigly. :)

Hmm... Are we watching the same channel? The colors and the details look amazing to me!
And no, they are not using true 4K cameras. They are using 8K cameras for this Olympics. ;)

Reactions: HipKat
Here's the release from Dish

The 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics air Thursday, 2/08/18 through Sunday, 2/25/18. Many customers will be interested in this event and may want to watch it in 4K HDR. DISH is one of the few providers offering the Olympics in 4K HDR. Here is how to help your customers view it!

The Olympics are available in 4K HDR with the following compatible equipment:
Hopper 3
4K HDR TV
4K HDR compatible HDMI cable

4K HDR programming can only be found on channel 147-05
•Content airs in 4K HDR10+ the next day on Ch 147-05
•No live 4K HDR feed
•4K Joey not supported, it is not HDR compatible, so it cannot view the feed
•4K HDR Takes up to 3x the amount of space on DVR compared to 1080 HD
•TV must be 4K HDR compatible with the proper HDMI cable to view, otherwise they will get an error message
•Will be about 8-10 hours each day

Reactions: charlesrshell
After overcoming the obstacles and accepting the limitations I am finally able to see this programming using this new technology and I am really enjoying it. This is actually the first time that I have watched 4K on Dish and close to the first time I have watched 4K period.

I wish I could watch in 4K. I give up on the regular broadcast. The commercial load is horrendous. I’ll use a vpn and watch online via CBC or bbc before I turn nbc on again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)