Dish to Direct TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

foaxzilch

Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
I would like to switch from Dish to Direct TV. I currently have two Dish 500 dishes installed (for 3 satellites). Do they have to be taken down and replaced with a Direct TV dish? Would this usually be done as part of "free installation" if I order a new subscriber Direct TV receiver with inatallation? Or will I have to take the old ones down myself?
I will replace my old Dishplayer 7200 with a Direct TV TIVO receiver. Anything else I should be considering?

You could use one of the 500's for Direct 101 if your locals are on the main satellite. I would ask them to give you a triple LNB DirecTV dish. It should be included with installation if you are a new customer. They should also take down your extra dish.

I switched in November and am very happy with two DirecTivos. I still have a Dishplayer gathering dust in the basement.

I am getting a DirecTV HD receiver and a 4x8 multiswitch for $99.00 from DirecTV later this week. :)

Phil T get that Dishplayer out of the basement and onto Ebay it is worth about $300 now after DISH swaps cards it mignt not be worth anything, especially seeing inactive receivers will not get new cards free.

I just switched to Directv (not installed yet) through Value Electronics and I am a new customer and they sent me a 18x20 3LNB dish. I paid extra and got a 5x8 switch too because I am going to have a HD Tivo, SD Tivo and a regular receiver. So if you are new you might as well get the new Directv dish too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)