Dish to Drop Weather Channel?

Just look at what other channels are carrying. Tonight AHC(American Heros Channel) is carrying I (Almost)
Got Away With It.
At least TWC's programming is a little better fare.

And yet another post that should have started with 'IMHO'.

Crap in Crap out. They both suck.
That's the big problem with conglomerate bundling. Content owners hoard up content and water it down ad nauseum on their owned channels, regardless of channel theme. Plus, the more channels they own, the more they can collect in subscriber fees for the exact same content at the expense of the viewer.

If there is severe weather, TWC will preempt their regular programing.

And I have a bridge to sell you! lol

Only true in certain areas I guess. I remember severe weather here one time in the south and nothing on the screen but a reality show and the weather channel bug. Nothing else...no crawl, NADA. I even went to Facebook and read people leaving comments...shaming them.

The only thing TWC preempts programming for is impending hurricanes. It should be renamed The Hurricane Channel.

Thing I love about Phoenix news..... I do not have to care about it unless I want to. They very rarely interrupt programming. Remembe the big rainstorm that knocked out the EA because of the uplink center in Gilbert??? I had to find out about how bad the rain was via Facebook... the news just called it a slight watering.... until the next day and cars were under water on the freeway.

You would think that with so many providers either dropping or threatening to drop them, they would get the hint and go back to being a more weather-related forecast/coverage channel.
When they returned to Directv, The Weather Channel actually said they were going to do just that, as that is what "viewers" made clear that they wanted. I presume they're still working on that.... ???

WOIO? How about WEWS!
WOIO for the win by a long shot. Their news coverage is sensationalized. Their severe weather coverage is abysmally sensationalized. I remembered one guy going about how a neighborhood was "trapped" by a downed limb shown in a picture. Absurdity!
However if you happen to be living in one of the affected neighborhoods you may be glad they are warning you. Just ask the residents of northern Medina county last year.
Had hook cross over me twice last year (extremely rare, and only had strong wind once and a ton of rain in about 15 minutes). And the coverage is good to have, but I don't like the Michael Bayesque coverage.

I have it on VERY good authority that the current Weather Channel App, will become the Weather Nation App. That was a surprise to me and gave me my first indication that Dish was planning on some changes re Weather Channel. Maybe Weather Nation is willing to pay Dish to have the presence of the App?

I have it on VERY good authority that the current Weather Channel App, will become the Weather Nation App. That was a surprise to me and gave me my first indication that Dish was planning on some changes re Weather Channel. Maybe Weather Nation is willing to pay Dish to have the presence of the App?
You have any info on why there's apparently 2 WN Channels coming?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)