DISH Travler with Hopper and Joeys Switch Issues

CamTV

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
West Coast
I have the SK-1000 and it was probably old stock when the RV dealer sold it to me and installed it. It did not work with Hopper and Joey at all. Unfortunately, the dealer was not that up to speed on this setup.

The dealer then installed a Dish Pro Hybrid 42 Switch with Power Inserter (DPH42) Okay, that seemed like it worked until I always seem to have issues with the switch sometimes it won't work at all until I do a hard rest on the Hopper and sometimes it seems like its okay until I get to some channels that are not working or not will not tune to HD and go to the SD alternative until I do a hard reset. This happens when we power down the antenna and move locations and re-set things up. The Hopper almost always requires a hard reset. Sometimes 2 if the DPH42 has not had enough time to power up.

Would I be able to instead just replace the LNB DISH Hybrid HD TRAV'LER Replacement LNB (DPH) (RPSK01H) and also replace the DISH Hybrid HD TRAV'LER Replacement LNB-to-Turret Cable (RP-SK42) Seems like that would bring it to the most current supported setup.

Would this solve the issue? I called Winegard and did not go into the whole issue just asked how I could upgrade this to the most current set up and those were the parts they recommended and said that my manufacture date should work with those.

Thanks!

I forgot to add, a slight benefit of removing the DPH42, is one less thing drawing power and possible point of failure.

If anyone has any thought on the original post and if swapping those two parts mentioned would be good or work would love to hear. Do you think this is the best solution? In addition to some HD channels not working, I get a lot of these types of errors until I reboot the Hopper after we power up everything.

Thanks and much appreciated!

IMG_0718.JPEG
IMG_0720.JPEG
IMG_0743.JPEG
IMG_1157.JPEG

IMG_1177.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)