Dish trying to get Disney to kick back some ESPN fees

The one time we really want Charlie fighting the fight. Curious if Disney will try to punish Sling TV (Orange package) over this. Hoping the other streaming providers see blood in the water.

Very interesting and very Charlie.

He does have a point why is he paying for sports when there are no sports being shown.

ESPN should be offering a discount at this time just like car insurance companies are.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

That is a very interesting way for the NY Post to phrase that headline.

Dish seeks to stiff ESPN (emphasis added)

I thought the NYP would be in favour of the consumer and against corporate greed. Oh, but it IS Disney, and they are a politically correct company, so I guess that is how it works. Stand by your own.

Of course ESPN has paid out billions of dollars to leagues for rights to air their games. ESPN is not gonna go easy unless they get a rebate from the leagues.

Reactions: Joe h
Of course ESPN has paid out billions of dollars to leagues for rights to air their games. ESPN is not gonna go easy unless they get a rebate from the leagues.
Honestly, I don’t think they would even if they got rebates.

Very interesting and very Charlie.

He does have a point why is he paying for sports when there are no sports being shown.

ESPN should be offering a discount at this time just like car insurance companies are.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
You're right, but its DISNEY: el cheapo on the one hand, but always demanding blood from turnips (customers).

I thought the NYP would be in favour of the consumer and against corporate greed. Oh, but it IS Disney, and they are a politically correct company, so I guess that is how it works. Stand by your own.

Maybe he just has it out for Charlie?

Um, NYP is owned by the same owners of Fox News. So the corporate greed angle you mention is spot on.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell

Problem is if Charlie gets in a fight and loses ESPN/Disney, not great....

Maybe it’s it’s the perfect time for Charlie to break up with Disney and Espn and switch it to a premium service If you want it you need to pay extra for it . I don’t need it and don’t want to pay for it.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: TheKrell
Maybe it’s it’s the perfect time for Charlie to break up with Disney and Espn and switch it to a premium service If you want it you need to pay extra for it . I don’t need it and don’t want to pay for it.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Not likely as Disney is as hardheaded and Charlie when it comes to contracts.

Not sure how much of my bill is for ESPN but I do know I have watched nothing on ESPN for over a month. Would be nice to be able to just cancel that part of the package.

The nfl draft and the Jordan documentary have been the two highest watched programs on traditional tv since the super bowl. Charlie is being an idiot if he thinks he has any chance of winning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)