Dish upgrade question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

psternklar

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 9, 2007
Albany, NY area
Hello,
I am in the Albany, NY DMA. I currently have a 1000.4 and 500 dish looking at 110, 119, 72 and 61.5. I am told by dish I need to upgrade but the CSR could not tell me which satellites I will need. Which satellites do I need to see? Do I really need to change my setup? Thanks.

Technically, no. (I am assuming you don't need some international programming that is on the 77 Sat, and I don't believe your locals are on 77)

But dish wants everyone to be on one of two setups, you have some of each setups. If you don't change, you may find that the Dish records will reflect you can't get some programming even though you can, and you may be denied a change you ask for. It will take talking to a CSR here, or hope to get someone in technical support that understands why Dish thinks you can't get some programming.
If you have the distant channels you would actually need to stay with what you have.

There are already many many posts about this if you want to do a search. You can also go to the channel chart at the top of the page and see what is on each satellite.

Do you have any non-HD receivers? An Eastern Arc upgrade would include replacing old MPEG 2 with VIP MPEG 4 receivers since Eastern arc is all MPEG4. In NY, you should be all EA.

Thanks for the replies. I have 2 722K so no non-HD. I tried search but my terms must have been too broad, got too many results. SO 61.5 will not be needed? Thanks.

Thanks for the replies. I have 2 722K so no non-HD. I tried search but my terms must have been too broad, got too many results. SO 61.5 will not be needed? Thanks.

61.5 will INDEED be needed. With EA, you would get 61.5, 72 and 77. You can lose the extra 500 dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts