Dish Upgrade

IndoRaven

Original poster
Mar 7, 2009
MD
Hi, this is my first post and I will be grateful if anyone can answer my questions.

I have been a Dish customer for over 3 years and last month I signed up for an another 2 year commitment. I currently have a 322 receiver for 2 rooms and I subscribe to Classic Bronze 100 and locals ($39.99 per month). I also have two South Asian channels for which I pay an additional $24.88 per month for a total of $65.48 per month.

I would like to upgrade to a DVR and the Turbo HD Bronze package. I understand I have to get a HD DVR like the 722. The Dish it up website says I will have to pay $150 for an installed upgrade. My monthly bill should be identical since the $5 per month decrease by getting TurboHD Bronze will be counteracted by the monthly DVR fee.

Is my understading correct and are there any other fees I have to worry about?

Again thanks for replying and this is a great site. :)

Hi, this is my first post and I will be grateful if anyone can answer my questions.

I have been a Dish customer for over 3 years and last month I signed up for an another 2 year commitment. I currently have a 322 receiver for 2 rooms and I subscribe to Classic Bronze 100 and locals ($39.99 per month). I also have two South Asian channels for which I pay an additional $24.88 per month for a total of $65.48 per month.

I would like to upgrade to a DVR and the Turbo HD Bronze package. I understand I have to get a HD DVR like the 722. The Dish it up website says I will have to pay $150 for an installed upgrade. My monthly bill should be identical since the $5 per month decrease by getting TurboHD Bronze will be counteracted by the monthly DVR fee.

Is my understading correct and are there any other fees I have to worry about?

Again thanks for replying and this is a great site. :)

:welcome

E* seems to base its upfront price for new receivers (upgrades) on several factors. You may be able to wrangle a better deal by talking to the CSRs. If you don't like what one says, hang up and try another. You'll get DDA Turbo Bronze for $39.99 which includes the locals and the DVR fee. There shouldn't be any other fees out-of-pocket as the receiver lease fee is included in the programming package price. In case you didn't know, if you sign up for autopay you can get Cinemax for 1 cent for a year. HBO/Starz are available free for 3 months (you are billed for them and then credited back on your statement). I think if you don't keep them after 3 months, there is a $5 downgrade charge. They have been giving some existing customers a $10 per month discount for a year. You might ask about that as well.

:welcome

E* seems to base its upfront price for new receivers (upgrades) on several factors. You may be able to wrangle a better deal by talking to the CSRs. If you don't like what one says, hang up and try another. You'll get DDA Turbo Bronze for $39.99 which includes the locals and the DVR fee. There shouldn't be any other fees out-of-pocket as the receiver lease fee is included in the programming package price. In case you didn't know, if you sign up for autopay you can get Cinemax for 1 cent for a year. HBO/Starz are available free for 3 months (you are billed for them and then credited back on your statement). I think if you don't keep them after 3 months, there is a $5 downgrade charge. They have been giving some existing customers a $10 per month discount for a year. You might ask about that as well.

Thank you. I called and upgraded to HD today. I had to pay a $150 upgrade fee.

FOX NEWS ROLLS DOWN TO CLASSIC BRONZE 100

dish 300 for 72.7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)