Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
PROGRAMMING UPDATE
FOX NEWS ROLLS DOWN TO CLASSIC BRONZE 100

Effective on Thursday, March 5, 2009, Fox News will move from Classic Silver 200 to Classic Bronze 100.

Description: FOX News is a 24 hour network. From 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET, they offer fresh news updates at the top and the bottom of every hour, followed by in-depth reports on a broad range of topics including health, entertainment, sports, business, lifestyles, religion, family, psychology and politics. Each night, FOX News delivers engaging one-hour programs analyzing the day's events, featuring newsmaker interviews. FOX News also offers live News Now updates around the clock.

Station FXNWS
Channel # 205
Orbital Slot 72.7
Packaging Classic Bronze 100 & higher
DishFAMILY

Still no answer for the TurboHD subscribers.

I don't watch Fox News, and I don't have TurboHD, yet I'm still livid about this. It's the principle.

Still no answer for the TurboHD subscribers.

I don't watch Fox News, and I don't have TurboHD, yet I'm still livid about this. It's the principle.

I agree. I have AT250 (Gold?) + Platinum and Fox News and FBN HD weren't authorized for me until I called to complain last night. They had to reauthorize my receiver after getting my R and S #. I suggest you do the same.

If he's one of the many subscribers that should have the two new HD channels but don't he has the right to be annoyed. It's amazing how EVERYONE lost Smithsonian out of the $10/mo. platinum package that includes maybe 5 channels but only a select few gained the two Fox channels.

I never had any trouble receiveing Fox News HD or Fox Business news HD. Maybe instead of bitching about all the time you could check your favorites lists,or make a call to E*. Its a well Know fact that New channels don't always pop up on the receivers on their own all the time. Anyone who' subscribes to satellite service should know that by now.
Fox News HD has been in the Classic 200 Silver,Classic 250 Gold since day one. Fox Business News HD has been in Classic 250 Gold since day one.

I never had any trouble receiveing Fox News HD or Fox Business news HD. Maybe instead of bitching about all the time you could check your favorites lists,or make a call to E*. Its a well Know fact that New channels don't always pop up on the receivers on their own all the time. Anyone who' subscribes to satellite service should know that by now.
Fox News HD has been in the Classic 200 Silver,Classic 250 Gold since day one. Fox Business News HD has been in Classic 250 Gold since day one.

Are you an employee? A stockholder? Professional propagandizer?

I haven't been here long and maybe this isn't my place but why do you always defend the company and make nasty comments to those that are looking for answers?

Still no answer for the TurboHD subscribers...

I think the crux of the matter isn't that the channels aren't there in the data stream; but rather that the channels aren't officially in the Turbo HD packages, yet... ("Yet" being "Soon"'s snotty brother) Some say they have em but they are still not listed as being available from the dish websites, talking "Turbo" HD only packages (and to a lesser extent Absolute) rather than "Classic" SD/HD hybrid packages.

(Late Edit): And I'm not complaining that they aren't there, just wondering what the plan is... and will be for future HD channels that get added. As a current Absolute/future Turbo sub; that is a bit of a concern...

Last edited:
Are you an employee? A stockholder? Professional propagandizer?

I haven't been here long and maybe this isn't my place but why do you always defend the company and make nasty comments to those that are looking for answers?
I'm not defending anyone. But some people bitch over over about nothing. and 90% of the time its their own fault. Read things clearly,and many would have seen right from the start What package Fox News and Fox Business news was in. Instead of Not reading clear getting pissed off and starting 5 threads about the same thing. It gets Old quick. I've posted many Times with Proof that Turbo pack were not Listed on Carrying Either Fox News Channels. I only defend a company when flase info starts getting spread around. I do the same for E* and D*.

I'm not defending anyone. But some people bitch over over about nothing. and 90% of the time its their own fault. Read things clearly,and many would have seen right from the start What package Fox News and Fox Business news was in. Instead of Not reading clear getting pissed off and starting 5 threads about the same thing. It gets Old quick. I've posted many Times with Proof that Turbo pack were not Listed on Carrying Either Fox News Channels. I only defend a company when flase info starts getting spread around. I do the same for E* and D*.
I am trying to understand what you are saying; are you saying that Dish never said Turbo Subscribers would be getting these channels?

Last edited:
Exactly!

Right here is the press release.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1689200-post1.html

Let me Know where it says" TURBO" BRONZE SILVER or GOLD

How about this one:
Fox Business reaches deal with Dish Network - MarketWatch
Here's one Right from E* tech support;
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1700627-post5.html
The piece of evidence that blows your theory out of the water is the fact that they updated the turbo package page on the website to show both networks would be added to the package! It was up for about a day, and then they took it down, soviet union style! They added Fox News to the Turbo Bronze pack and Fox Business to Turbo Gold, and it was very clear on the website as such. Only later did they start spewing the mantra that you are citing.

So no, it was not made clear from the outset; it was painfully muddled and misleading.

I think what some are holding on to are the assumption that new HD would be added to the corresponding TurboHD packs, and possibly the fact that those channels were actually listed in the TurboHD packs on the Dish website for a short period of time.

As usual, it's lack of communication that's the issue....

I agree. I have AT250 (Gold?) + Platinum and Fox News and FBN HD weren't authorized for me until I called to complain last night. They had to reauthorize my receiver after getting my R and S #. I suggest you do the same.

No, I get Fox News HD just fine, and I'm not supposed to get Fox Business at all. I just hate doing business with a company that can't get their crap together.

OK, "livid" is a bit strong, but it does piss me off.

The piece of evidence that blows your theory out of the water is the fact that they updated the turbo package page on the website to show both networks would be added to the package! It was up for about a day, and then they took it down, soviet union style!.
That I can't say I didn't see it . But You can't prove it.
Not saying I don't believe you at all.
But I have Quite a few Links More then the 3 I posted that doesn't Prove your claim.
Thats would be a dirty trick if so. But all I can say is next time if E* launches an HD channel and claims something different on their website, Take a screen shot and Hit them where it hurts.
But the Info I have Never stated Turbo packs.

I think what some are holding on to are the assumption that new HD would be added to the corresponding TurboHD packs,

Personally, I wonder who would be crazy enough to subscribe to the Turbo HD packages, and maybe they deserve what they get. But I think it is a reasonable assumption that the people who overpay the most should at least be getting the same treatment as the people subscribing to the cheapest packages.

And yes, as recently as the price increase flier that was mailed recently, the implication was there that this is the case.

I don't think there's anything wrong with people expecting a company to operate in SOME semblance of logic and good faith. Don't get me wrong, I'll be the first to slap them down if they start whining about "false advertising" or "class action lawsuits".

That I can't say I didn't see it . But You can't prove it.
Not saying I don't believe you at all.
But I have Quite a few Links More then the 3 I posted that doesn't Prove your claim.
Thats would be a dirty trick if so. But all I can say is next time if E* launches an HD channel and claims something different on their website, Take a screen shot and Hit them where it hurts.
But the Info I have Never stated Turbo packs.
You are right; I do not have a screen shot; I don't know if anyone took one.

The reason I didn't bother is because while it was still up, I started an online chat with a Dish CSR. At first, they didn't know what I was talking about. Then after a few minutes they said, oh that is incorrect information. Then a few hours later, it was gone. But many people on this forum saw the same thing. I feel bad if a customer just happened to sign up during that day that the website was wrong...

You are right; I do not have a screen shot; I don't know if anyone took one.

The reason I didn't bother is because while it was still up, I started an online chat with a Dish CSR. At first, they didn't know what I was talking about. Then after a few minutes they said, oh that is incorrect information. Then a few hours later, it was gone. But many people on this forum saw the same thing. I feel bad if a customer just happened to sign up during that day that the website was wrong...
I saw it too, only because I read the chatter here about it. I didn't think of grabbing a screenshot because I assumed it was correct to list them there...

And I'm not complaining that they aren't there, just wondering what the plan is... and will be for future HD channels that get added.

This is EXACTLY the point.

If I were a Turbo subscriber, I wouldn't care about Fox News ITSELF. (I'd actually be happy none of my dollars were going to it.) I'd be wondering what's going to happen down the line and wondering why I'm paying such a ridiculously high price for such a tiny package of channels, with no indication that it would ever become a better value.

I had AT 200 when I started with DISH. I knew that anytime a new basic english channel appeared, I would receive it. When AT250 appeared, I subscribed to that, knowing the same thing.

I think it's ridiculous that someone paying $60 a month for the top level of HD channels should have to wonder if they are going to get access to a new HD channel...particularly one that's available to virtually EVERY SD customer.