Dish - URGENT ACTION REQUIRED

Dish416

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Detroit
I got an email from Dish Network saying:

"URGENT ACTION REQUIRED - PLEASE READ IMMEDIATELY TO AVOID SERVICE INTERRUPTION OF YOUR HIGH-DEFINITION PROGRAMMING. Due to improvements to our system’s technology, it is necessary to reconfigure your DISH antenna."

Does anyone know what this is about? I live in the Detroit area and subscribe to High Definition + Locals + Ethnic programming, not sure which dish I have... :confused: Do you know which one I am going to need to upgrade to?

PMing them wont help...he's not in an area they can upgrade him. I got money that says he's north of the 48th

2 dead giveaways
-user name (416 is area code in Toronto)
-he has Detroit locals yet his loc says Buffalo?

He's probably got 110/119/61.5 and Dish wants him to upgrade to EA yet he can't due to location

edit: yep was right. PM'ing them wont help
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...ns/227992-buffalo-ny-locals-spotbeam-4-a.html

If he has Detroit locals he can switch to WA (129 for HD) but if he has Buffalo they want him to upgrade to EA or he'll lose national HD programming.

A migration is needed. If you are waaaaaaaay up north (you know what I mean), we won't be sending a tech to change out your dish.

If you are in the US, you can PM me.

Do you know what channels are going to be affected? According to my check switch the dish I currently have picks up 110 118 119 & 129. Which dish will I have to upgrade to?

Thanks for clarifying. I just got my account set up a few months ago and have always had this dish. Why would it be tagged as having 119/110/61.5 installed?

Probably was set up that way by the retailer you bought your equipment from. BTW - It's probably in your best interest to NOT send me your phone number or account number.

Okay so I don't have to worry about having a new dish installed given that my dish currently points to 110 118 119 & 129. Thanks for your help.

Do you know what channels are going to be affected? According to my check switch the dish I currently have picks up 110 118 119 & 129. Which dish will I have to upgrade to?

you're fine then. You have the correct setup for western arc. Detroit locals in HD are on 129 as is the national HD. 118 has the Internationals so you're fine

PMing them wont help...he's not in an area they can upgrade him. I got money that says he's north of the 48th

2 dead giveaways
-user name (416 is area code in Toronto)
-he has Detroit locals yet his loc says Buffalo?

He's probably got 110/119/61.5 and Dish wants him to upgrade to EA yet he can't due to location

edit: yep was right. PM'ing them wont help
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...ns/227992-buffalo-ny-locals-spotbeam-4-a.html

If he has Detroit locals he can switch to WA (129 for HD) but if he has Buffalo they want him to upgrade to EA or he'll lose national HD programming.

He's not Canadian. I didn't see any "hey" in his thread !!!;)

I just had an annoying bout with a slightly Indian-sounding phone jockey about the migration.

I've been getting emails and letters about it, and I've been ignoring them since I had an Eastern Arc dish put up last fall when I moved. I figured that the dealer just didn't get around to updating my account information at Dish. But I also figured that it would be a whole lot less annoying to ignore the mail than to try talking to Dish. Well, they started phoning me frequently and leaving messages -- since I never answer anything that says "TOLL FREE SVC", as it's usually a scam. So, I had to bite the bullet and call them to get them to quit bugging me.

When I called, I explained that I had an EA dish already. As expected though, he wanted to verify what I had. So he had me try to go to channel 9901. When it didn't go there, but went to 9902 instead, he said that they'd need to upgrade me. I asked what satellites they wanted to upgrade me to receive, and he said 129. I tried to explain to him that they just moved this area to EA and that I follow the industry extensively and hadn't heard anything about it moving to 129. He said that they just announced it this month. Well, nothing Dish does surprises me, no matter how stupid, so I asked why they would move it to 129 when most of the area can't even get it. He didn't have an answer for that of course.

I told him that I wanted to verify it before they wasted their time and mine having somebody come out, and I would call him back if I needed to upgrade.

I called my dealer, and they told me that they haven't heard anything about our area being moved to 129, the phone guy didn't know what he was talking about, and they'd call in on Monday to have my account information updated.

So, what's the deal? Am I right, are Scranton PA's locals staying on Eastern Arc, or is Dish making the unbelievably stupid decision to move them to 129? They only reason I could think of that they would move them is because they're now taking up a CONUS transponder after many complaints about them being on a spotbeam that didn't cover the area properly, but even so, 129 makes no sense compared to putting them on another transponder SOMEWHERE on the EA birds if they need to free up the CONUS transponder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts