Dish USB Dongle with U502

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
There must be different manufactured versions of the dual OTA dongle. Mine got so hot that you could not touch it without getting burned. Plus the sensitivity was not as good as the old single tuner. That is why I am using the old one.

Very possible. I didn't look for a manufacturer, date.. etc.. on the dongle.

IMG_0019.JPG
My new dual tuner dongle gets to about 118 degrees F, according to my infrared temp gun.

I think I will just run another rg6 to my other TV and tie it into OTA. Don't think I want to spend around $60 dollars for a dual tuner. I have the time and a lot cheaper for me. As long as the wife is happy with her TV, all is good:)

Reactions: pattykay
I think I will just run another rg6 to my other TV and tie it into OTA. Don't think I want to spend around $60 dollars for a dual tuner. I have the time and a lot cheaper for me. As long as the wife is happy with her TV, all is good:)

IMHO it's well worth the money to be able to pause live TV and skip commercials as well as record the OTA sub channels. You can also put the OTA sub channels in MultiView quads. An added benefit is that you don't have to change inputs on the TV. :)

The other day my Hopper 3 upgraded to the latest firmware U502. My 4k Joey went to U482.
My question, I now have pixelation on my local stations. I am using the first dish USB OTA Dongle. I have had my Hopper 3 with this dongle for almost a year. I did not have any issues until this new firmware update! I have tried about everything from rebooting the H3 to unplugging and checking wires. My other tv's using the antenna are just fine. Only when I go through the H3 I have this problem. Just wondering if Dish is trying to get everybody to buy an upgraded Dual USB Dongle? I hate to spend another $60.00 for the dual USB Dongle!
Anyone else having this issue?
I inadvertently started another thread about this. I too, am having same problem with my single tuner dongle. It is apparently a U502 bug (I received on 8/30) since all my OTA recordings prior to that are fine.

Also having issues with OTA recordings (HD only, SD are fine). Thanks Dish. Just in time for fall season premiers.

H3 with U502, R194xxxxxxx if it matters.

View attachment 127999 My new dual tuner dongle gets to about 118 degrees F, according to my infrared temp gun.

Take the temp with the gun as close as possible to the tuner. The "spread" of the sensor window will tend to average the measured temperatures of everything it sees.

Oh, and my single tuner is stuttering since this S/W update too. This was fixed a while ago, now we're back to broke again.

It seems odd that many of us have varying ota issues. You would think everyone would be experiencing the same problem.

Mine is disappearing ota locals from the guide daily, it's fine till the overnight reboot. Ota recordings play fine without any glitches. Then just like ground hog day over and over they're gone by morning. It's aggravating but my morning routine is to run a scan then fix a cup of coffee. By the time the coffee is ready the scan is done and my day begins with the local news.

Dish knows about the problem, being affiliated with a local retailer I have posted several internet connected receivers to their portal so they can monitor and diagnose the issue. It has been pretty quiet from them, I only hope that means they are diligently working on a solution.

Myself and certainly others here as well are long past ready for a fix. Hey Dish, HURRY UP!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)