Dish USB Dongle with U502

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Keystone7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 17, 2009
North Indiana
The other day my Hopper 3 upgraded to the latest firmware U502. My 4k Joey went to U482.
My question, I now have pixelation on my local stations. I am using the first dish USB OTA Dongle. I have had my Hopper 3 with this dongle for almost a year. I did not have any issues until this new firmware update! I have tried about everything from rebooting the H3 to unplugging and checking wires. My other tv's using the antenna are just fine. Only when I go through the H3 I have this problem. Just wondering if Dish is trying to get everybody to buy an upgraded Dual USB Dongle? I hate to spend another $60.00 for the dual USB Dongle!
Anyone else having this issue?

I also have the USB dongle for OTA channels. They have disappeared for three straight days now, since the software update. A rescan fixes it, until the overnight update, apparently.

I also have the USB dongle for OTA channels. They have disappeared for three straight days now, since the software update. A rescan fixes it, until the overnight update, apparently.

By chance does your receiver ID begin with R191?

Just because you read it on the internet DOES NOT make it true.

There was a big debate in one of the threads about something else(threads get hijacked all the time on here) someone had problems getting it working and dish wouldn’t help them. Dish also doesn’t sell them directly. Just going by what several others have said. There’s very little on here that isn’t true. And if it isn’t several people jump in and provide evidence saying otherwise.

There was a big debate in one of the threads about something else(threads get hijacked all the time on here) someone had problems getting it working and dish wouldn’t help them. Dish also doesn’t sell them directly. Just going by what several others have said. There’s very little on here that isn’t true. And if it isn’t several people jump in and provide evidence saying otherwise.

DISH sells them to distributors and retailers. From what I've been told from those that know for sure DISH has OTA plans for the future.

And lately there has been more misinformation on this forum than normal, unfortunately.

DISH sells them to distributors and retailers. From what I've been told from those that know for sure DISH has OTA plans for the future.

And lately there has been more misinformation on this forum than normal, unfortunately.

Good to know. I’ll just take everything with an extra grain of salt. For the most part I’ve been able to rely on information on here. I gotta say it’s certainly taught me a lot so far. I’m sure others would say the same.

Thanks guys for your imput. My update on my issue. I did a reboot on my 4k Joey. If I try to what a local station on my Joey, the Hopper 3 upstairs will shut off the local station my wife was viewing. This did not make her happy. So in checking further on this issue, We are only able to watch one channel on the locals at a time. That one channel goes to the first person that has it first. So, for only the LOCALS will be affected with the USB Dongle. ALL Dish channels are really looking good. So, if for some reason I want to watch locals in my cave, wife better be watching dish channels upstairs. But, I'm sure she will rule!? Looks like I will need the new Dual USB Dongle if I want to watch locals at the same time. Hope this info helps anyone else :)

It's been reported that you can just about make toast on that new dual tuner OTA dongle. Keep that in mind as you decide where to place it.
I placed mine immediately to the left of behind the Hopper. It is masked by my center channel speaker. My EHD is behind that as well along with my UPS.

I have mine in the open, that gets a breeze from the fan I have going to help keep my plasma tv a bit cooler. The dongle is barely warm to the touch. Though I could see where it would get warm in an enclosed space.

The large original OTA adapter, or the newer small dual-tuner adapter?

I have mine in the open, that gets a breeze from the fan I have going to help keep my plasma tv a bit cooler. The dongle is barely warm to the touch. Though I could see where it would get warm in an enclosed space.

There must be different manufactured versions of the dual OTA dongle. Mine got so hot that you could not touch it without getting burned. Plus the sensitivity was not as good as the old single tuner. That is why I am using the old one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)