Dish VIP211 - No picture anymore? Can anybody help?

sofakng

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
I have a VIP 211 that was unplugged for a while (but subscribed/on my account) and I just plugged it back in but it doesn't seem to output any video.

I've connected it with composite cables (just for testing), s-video, and HDMI but there is no display on two different TV sets.

When I plugged it in, the green LED on the unit went on, then off (after a bunch of seconds) and now it's on again. I've pressed the power button a few times but it doesn't do anything. The green LED just stays on and nothing happens.

I purchased this unit a while ago so I don't have any warranty or exchange...

Can anybody help me out or is this thing broken? :(

EDIT: If I pull the card out of the receiver and put it back in the receiver does seem to turn off/on again automatically... (at least the green LED turns off then back on again)

Last edited:
sofakng said:
I have a VIP 211 that was unplugged for a while (but subscribed/on my account) and I just plugged it back in but it doesn't seem to output any video.

I've connected it with composite cables (just for testing), s-video, and HDMI but there is no display on two different TV sets.

When I plugged it in, the green LED on the unit went on, then off (after a bunch of seconds) and now it's on again. I've pressed the power button a few times but it doesn't do anything. The green LED just stays on and nothing happens.

I purchased this unit a while ago so I don't have any warranty or exchange...

Can anybody help me out or is this thing broken? :(

You say no video, how about audio? You can sign up for the service plan on line then call about your issue. It covers purchased as well as leased equipment.

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROIDX (Liberty Gingerbread) using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)