Dish VIP722DVR runs hot, loud fan, sticks on reboot

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcmagone

Original poster
Dec 13, 2015
Lehi Utah
I have a Dish 722DVR that as the title states runs really hot and has the fan running all the time and far more often than my second receiver that never makes a sound. In the morning during the reboot that it automatically does it will stick and will have to be manually restarted to get it working. I have tried plugging it into different outlets and a variety of other options that were suggested to my by Dish. Is it possible that the fan is defective and needs to be replaced and causing issues. This is a replacement receiver that I got from Dish a little over a year ago. I would not let it bother me other than its in a bedroom and continually wakes me up during the night and its frustrating when it gets stuck in the reboot mode. I had it even suggested that it was the reboot that was waking me up. I can confirm the reboot is not the problem as I have it set to around 9 am.

The fan (mostly) failed on my 722. It ran hot, said as much on the screen, and the fan was very noisy. Since it was owned, I replaced the fan for $12 and it was good for several more years before it decided my account was not authorized for my package. :( Dish replaced it with another refurb and that has been golden too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)