Dish VIP722DVR runs hot, loud fan, sticks on reboot

jcmagone

Original poster
Dec 13, 2015
Lehi Utah
I have a Dish 722DVR that as the title states runs really hot and has the fan running all the time and far more often than my second receiver that never makes a sound. In the morning during the reboot that it automatically does it will stick and will have to be manually restarted to get it working. I have tried plugging it into different outlets and a variety of other options that were suggested to my by Dish. Is it possible that the fan is defective and needs to be replaced and causing issues. This is a replacement receiver that I got from Dish a little over a year ago. I would not let it bother me other than its in a bedroom and continually wakes me up during the night and its frustrating when it gets stuck in the reboot mode. I had it even suggested that it was the reboot that was waking me up. I can confirm the reboot is not the problem as I have it set to around 9 am.

The fan (mostly) failed on my 722. It ran hot, said as much on the screen, and the fan was very noisy. Since it was owned, I replaced the fan for $12 and it was good for several more years before it decided my account was not authorized for my package. :( Dish replaced it with another refurb and that has been golden too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)