Dish VP722

Highlander71

Original poster
Jul 19, 2012
United States
My equipment is leased. I keep getting hard drive error. Also when the phone line is plugged into the box, our phones cut off.
how much will they charge me. I don't have equipment protection. What is the cheapest way to handle this problem?

My equipment is leased. I keep getting hard drive error. Also when the phone line is plugged into the box, our phones cut off.
how much will they charge me. I don't have equipment protection. What is the cheapest way to handle this problem?
Invest $7 in the protection plan that will cover the shipping charge. Leased receivers that fail are replaced free except for the shipping charge.

I believe the current shipping charge is $17. So that will be your cost without the protection plan. I've replaced my 722 a number of times and the shipping is all it's cost me.

Its $15 for the shipping. Leased equipment is replaced free of charge other than the shipping. For both issues, have you tried a hard reset?

You no longer need to have a phone line plugged in. If you have an internet connection, it will use that to phone in. Advantage is that it sends a health report. We have had people get calls out of the blue that they needed a tech visit to repair a problem.

But the phone line is good for Caller ID.

Unit needs to be replaced in any event.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)