Dish vs ABC Live

Dished Off

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2016
Scranton
Does this work in any market anywhere in the country with a Dish Network Subscription?

abc.go.com/watch-live

I've been to NYC receantly and...

"DISH is not available in this area for live stream viewing, but you can continue to enjoy episodes on demand"

I should add that NBC works fine, but this too is only in a very select few markets. CBS requires a subscription. FOX worked but only allows live viewing during Primetime.

I've been using the ABC app since my local has been blocked on Dish (Hearst.) While I can watch shows on demand after they air, the live stream stopped working a few weeks into the Hearst battle, so maybe you are/were in a Hearst ABC market...

OP, what's your local TV market's ABC station's calls , you might be in a market impacted by the Hearst/Dish dispute.

Sent from my RCT6873W42M using Tapatalk

From ABC's site: Where is the live stream available?
The ABC live stream is currently available in the following markets: Chicago, Fresno, Houston, Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, Raleigh-Durham and San Francisco with a participating TV provider. Customers with a DirecTV subscription in the following markets will also be able to watch the ABC live stream: Albuquerque, Boston, Ft. Smith/Fayetteville, Jackson (Mississippi), Kansas City, Milwaukee, Monterey-Salinas, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Pittsburgh, Portland-Auburn (Maine), Savannah and West Palm Beach. You must be located within each available station's local viewing area and must verify your participating TV provider account for access to the ABC live stream in your area. It's included with your TV subscription services. Program substitutions may apply

It may be a case of ABC blocking IP addresses in your area because of a dispute. This has happened in past disputes of all sat and cable co vs. content provider. It really stinks. If so, use a VPN and select a server in a different far away city with no dispute and see if it works. This usually works fine for most people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts