Dish wally compatible dish?

Farmgirl63

Original poster
Dec 6, 2020
Minnesota
I have Dish Outdoor pay as you go service in my Tiny house. I have been using a Dish Tailgater DTP4900. It's been good up until the last dish software update and other changes they have made. After a week with techs troubleshooting I finally got a good one who realized my software wasn't updating properly if at all. I got a refresh off a friend's service and everything updated and I'm on U825 which is all good. I am still having issues. Cables are good quality R6 new and I even bought a new wally which was activated and works for about 10 minutes only picking up one satellite at a time...sometimes 110 and sometimes 119. Never both and never all 3. Since I am stationary now fir the next 1 to 2 years I think I want a regular size dish. I've read a Dish TV DPP Western Arc 1000.2 will work with Wally. I want to mount it on the house. In trying to buy one I run into some fly by night companies and get confused about what to order as many have options. I'm not familiar with the language and exactly what I should order. Single TV and I am in Minnesota zip 56069. I will have to hire to get alignment. Any guidance, recommendations, advice will be appreciated. I want to keep the pay as you go plan for various reasons but I'm not really mobile. Fir the better part of year I got great reception on all 3 days so I know I'm in good southern sky here. Please help with where to buy, exact specs, and any other help you can give.

I have Dish Outdoor pay as you go service in my Tiny house. I have been using a Dish Tailgater DTP4900. It's been good up until the last dish software update and other changes they have made. After a week with techs troubleshooting I finally got a good one who realized my software wasn't updating properly if at all. I got a refresh off a friend's service and everything updated and I'm on U825 which is all good. I am still having issues. Cables are good quality R6 new and I even bought a new wally which was activated and works for about 10 minutes only picking up one satellite at a time...sometimes 110 and sometimes 119. Never both and never all 3. Since I am stationary now fir the next 1 to 2 years I think I want a regular size dish. I've read a Dish TV DPP Western Arc 1000.2 will work with Wally. I want to mount it on the house. In trying to buy one I run into some fly by night companies and get confused about what to order as many have options. I'm not familiar with the language and exactly what I should order. Single TV and I am in Minnesota zip 56069. I will have to hire to get alignment. Any guidance, recommendations, advice will be appreciated. I want to keep the pay as you go plan for various reasons but I'm not really mobile. Fir the better part of year I got great reception on all 3 days so I know I'm in good southern sky here. Please help with where to buy, exact specs, and any other help you can give.
Of course, a Dish is compatible with a Wally as Wallys are used for residential and commercial installs also and you can keep your pay as you go. Your best bet is to just set up a custom work order with Dish and let a tech come out and do the install.

Of course, a Dish is compatible with a Wally as Wallys are used for residential and commercial installs also and you can keep your pay as you go. Your best bet is to just set up a custom work order with Dish and let a tech come out and do the install.
Ok but not just any dish...that was the question. Dish TV won't service dish outdoor at all. I've asked to have a tech out here. I tried to call to buy the 1000.2 dish I mentioned and all they want to do is get me into full contract for 2 years and what they say is 59$ ends up at about 75$. I'm sorry but your answer doesn't answer anything. Still hoping someone can.

I thought this would be a resource...all I get is snobby answers. Isn't a 1000.2 dish one that needs adjusting like azimuth or whatever. How does saying this help in any way. I want to know the specs on the dish I need to order. I said I didn't know anything I just ****ing want to watch tv. Ya I'm trying to buy the right dish on line and get it aligned. You might do it all the time. I don't. Can people be decent and help please. If you all on this site are too high brow in your satellite knowledge to share it, I'll drop out. Sorry but I have enough frustration with this already. BTW I live in a home I built to help daddy live his life out on the farm. So if the attitude is result that somehow RV ing is superior...you don't know me or my situation. I'll wait fir a decent, helpful reply from someone who knows enough to know my questions are valid.

• Wow
Reactions: pattykay
I thought this would be a resource...all I get is snobby answers. Isn't a 1000.2 dish one that needs adjusting like azimuth or whatever. How does saying this help in any way. I want to know the specs on the dish I need to order. I said I didn't know anything I just ****ing want to watch tv. Ya I'm trying to buy the right dish on line and get it aligned. You might do it all the time. I don't. Can people be decent and help please. If you all on this site are too high brow in your satellite knowledge to share it, I'll drop out. Sorry but I have enough frustration with this already. BTW I live in a home I built to help daddy live his life out on the farm. So if the attitude is result that somehow RV ing is superior...you don't know me or my situation. I'll wait fir a decent, helpful reply from someone who knows enough to know my questions are valid.
Wow, sorry I replied now. You won't get any help with responses like that!

dgcarver please look at my question and your response...if you don't wish to help a novice then don't reply...your obvious intent was like "hey stupid buy dish and line it up" which is what I'm trying to do...get the right dish and have someone align it. I didn't know what one to buy. Your answer was nothing more than making a novice feel bad...happy?

dgcarver please look at my question and your response...if you don't wish to help a novice then don't reply...your obvious intent was like "hey stupid buy dish and line it up" which is what I'm trying to do...get the right dish and have someone align it. I didn't know what one to buy. Your answer was nothing more than making a novice feel bad...happy?
OK, here's an honest answer, as a novice, it will be remarkable if you're able to point in the Dish in. In your zip code, you can use 1000.2 Western OR Eastern Arc, depending on your line of sight. If you use a compass app to check for LOS (Line of Sight) give about 30° leeway on each side of the listed azimuth.

Arc/OrbitalReflectorAzimuthElevationSkew
EAD1000.21433467
WAD1000.221033114

These are the actual locations of each Satellite and why I say to give extra space on each side of the listed AZ for each Dish.

110D50019937
119D50021033
129D50022128
61.5D50013430
72.7D50014735

Instead of calling DISH directly, you might try calling a local DISH independent dealer and ask them if they will just come out and install the dish for you. Last time I talked to one, they wanted $120 for the dish. I don't know how much they would charge to install it. Might be worth a phone call.

Reactions: HipKat and dgcarver
Obviously, you have some anger issues, and I am sorry if I didn't perform to your expectations. I tried to point you in the right direction. It was your decision if you wanted to do that, and then all you had to do is ask specific questions. I respond to hundreds of requests for help on different RV and technical forums and I must admit your response is by far the confrontational one ever. I will not be responding to this thread anymore. Have a good day and I hope you get your problem resolved.

OK, here's an honest answer, as a novice, it will be remarkable if you're able to point in the Dish in. In your zip code, you can use 1000.2 Western OR Eastern Arc, depending on your line of sight. If you use a compass app to check for LOS (Line of Sight) give about 30° leeway on each side of the listed azimuth.

Arc/OrbitalReflectorAzimuthElevationSkew
EAD1000.21433467
WAD1000.221033114

These are the actual locations of each Satellite and why I say to give extra space on each side of the listed AZ for each Dish.

110D50019937
119D50021033
129D50022128
61.5D50013430
72.7D50014735
Thank you....very helpful.

Reactions: HipKat
Instead of calling DISH directly, you might try calling a local DISH independent dealer and ask them if they will just come out and install the dish for you. Last time I talked to one, they wanted $120 for the dish. I don't know how much they would charge to install it. Might be worth a phone call.
Thank you

When we boondock we have problems after a couple days. A couple tricks I use is move / rotate the Tailgater and start over. Sometimes this fails. I live in norther CA near CA/Reno NV. So I will other locations including Southern CA and NV. Most times this will do the trick. Over all it's a PAIN, either way.

Try another state near by. It may work.... Good luck

I take a Motorhome out a couple of times a year, I don't have any Sat service at home, in the past , I've borrowed a friend's Direct TV Box, I've used a old Dish with a temporary mount on the Motorhome (Sony SAN-18S1, 18" Round), I can mount it and adjust via a signal strength meter , set up has been fairly easy for me. My friend is cutting his cord with Direct TV, ,so that option is lost to me. Id like to keep the same dish as I just replaced the LNB on it. I see that DISH Network has these Wally boxes where you can enable /disable service on a monthly basis. Can I assume if I bought a Wally DISH box and enabled the service it would work with my vintage satellite dish? If so, I'd probably hunt for a used box. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks

Reactions: charlesrshell