DISH wants Starlink to Cease Operations

Those predicting a meger/major stake are correct.

IMO, of course.
Why does so many here keep predicting a merger with Dish, in the last few years I have seen posts saying Dish is about to merge with ( in no order)-Amazon, Google, T-Mobile, Sprint, DirecTV(AT&T) and now StarLink ( SpaceX), it never happens.

Why would Musk even want Dish, a service that will not be around in 10 years, a TV Provider that Musk’s StarLink will help hasten the end since more rural folks will have options instead of 2 TV Sat. Services.

Remember both DirecTV and Dish have no new Satellites on order, something that takes years from planning to launching, they seem to know the end is coming, how long we will see based on how many subscribers they lose and still have that keeps them profitable

Cable TV, as far as TV subscribers, is not doing much better, but they have broadband to help with the changeover to streaming TV programming.

Why would Musk even want Dish, a service that will not be around in 10 years,
Did you miss the part where they have shared spectrum?

Charlie also has installation teams. We may find the Starlink installation easy as pie, but do you think most people know how to drill through their wall or create a pole mount, etc? Charlie also has history with relations and contracts with TV channel suppliers. Saves Elon a lot of time.

Did I mention spectrum?

Charlie also has history with relations and contracts with TV channel suppliers. Saves Elon a lot of time.
What does that have to do with StarLink?

Musk has not shown the slightest interest in starting a live TV service.

Reactions: raydio and navychop
This is just Charlie being Charlie and eventually gaining a 30% stake in Starlink for little reason other than because Charlie managed to be Charlie.

If this were an issue, AT&T would complain too, right? Or is AT&T that apathetic about Directv?
AT&T couldn't less about starlink, they are happy to get rid of these folks in rural areas.

Reactions: HipKat
for $129.99 a month you get a whole 50GB and that is at 25 down, no mention of 100, StarLink is now testing at 300-400 down with no data cap at $100 a month.

HughesNet is toast
How much is the equipment charge for both?

on their website it shows 25 down, no mention of 100.
Because it's not in operation yet. I think it's still in beta testing also, every Gen 5 I ever installed had speeds between 30 and 55 down

Reactions: charlesrshell