Dish won't activate new 722!

If you are going to call them and lie about having the 61.5 dish here is some background info to prepare you:

When I activated my 622 replacing my 811 recently the CSR wanted to make sure I could actually receive the HD package that I subscribed to by asking me to go to "menu", "611", selection "check switch" and describe what I saw. I told him, and be prepared to tell him, that I had 61.5/119/110 and all 3 said OK and were green and that the switch was a DP34. In about 5 mins they had me activated. Your may have to go through several CSRs to find a competent one. In my case the 3rd one was the charm.

If you are going to call them and lie about having the 61.5 dish here is some background info to prepare you:

When I activated my 622 replacing my 811 recently the CSR wanted to make sure I could actually receive the HD package that I subscribed to by asking me to go to "menu", "611", selection "check switch" and describe what I saw. I told him, and be prepared to tell him, that I had 61.5/119/110 and all 3 said OK and were green and that the switch was a DP34. In about 5 mins they had me activated. Your may have to go through several CSRs to find a competent one. In my case the 3rd one was the charm.

That's exactly what happened to me. Except that I had my dish looking at 129 and I had to lie that I had 61.5, otherwise they were not gonna activate the HD programming. He even asked me what kind of SS I was getting on 61.5.

That's exactly what happened to me. Except that I had my dish looking at 129 and I had to lie that I had 61.5, otherwise they were not gonna activate the HD programming. He even asked me what kind of SS I was getting on 61.5.

While I believe your story, it doesn't make sense since 129 and 61.5 have the same HD programming (well 61.5 does not have FSN HD Midwest which 129 does) but something like that should not be a show stopper. Then again, you are dealing with one of DN's famous CSRs. Now thinking back about my experience, one of the first two CSRs, Ms. Picobrain, insisted that I must be on 129 to get the HD package. The 3rd CSR knew either bird was OK for HD.

" it doesn't make sense since 129 and 61.5 have the same HD programming "

It was when 129 was first used for HD programming. According to the CSRs you had to have 61.5 to get the new HD programming.

I think the trick to keeping the old HD package would be to leave the 811 on your account and add the 722. When I activated my owned 622 with the old HD pack I had to argue with the CSR a bit but they did activate it.

I'd just wait until Friday and add the new HD only package. Your going to pay $29 for the old package plus fees while the new package is expected to cost $36 after fees but have much more in it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts