Dish wont activate receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Hunter06

Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
I have always been a great customer for Dish. Always pay my account with auto-pay ($130). But now I ask to activate a receiver for me to take to my vacation cabin they said new policies wont let them in the system. They said I would have to take my main receiver back and forth and I do not want to do that. So Im thinking of switching to Directv and see what they can do. My cabin is not far from my house and I go often (maybe twice a week). I want it to be HD and 4K if possible and as I said I do not want to unhook my main hoppersling.
I have a Hopper sling, 3-Joey's and a Super Joey.

I have always been a great customer for Dish. Always pay my account with auto-pay ($130). But now I ask to activate a receiver for me to take to my vacation cabin they said new policies wont let them in the system. They said I would have to take my main receiver back and forth and I do not want to do that. So Im thinking of switching to Directv and see what they can do. My cabin is not far from my house and I go often (maybe twice a week). I want it to be HD and 4K if possible and as I said I do not want to unhook my main hoppersling.

They'll activate up to 2 purchased 211's or Wally's on a Hopper account.

Your Hopper with Sling does not do 4K. Do you have a 4K Joey?

The only DirecTV Option for 4K is a 4K client and they can't be used without the main Genie so you'll probably be no better off if you switch.

Reactions: charlesrshell
They'll activate up to 2 purchased 211's or Wally's on a Hopper account.

Your Hopper with Sling does not do 4K. Do you have a 4K Joey?

The only DirecTV Option for 4K is a 4K client and they can't be used without the main Genie so you'll probably be no better off if you switch.

Not necessarily. If you do an HR54 you can add as many other receivers as you want

I don't know that we have all the info. What receiver were you asking to add? If it's a receiver DISH allows on your Hopper account you may be going about it wrong. Add it to your home then take it to your vacation home.

I have a 211z on my account for tailgating.. they just started a new site to log into and turn it on/off by myself.
I just turned it on. I will have to test it in a few days. My only issue is I'm sure it will require a hit sent to it so I'll end up calling anyway - they should have added a button to "send Hits" to receivers also.

Reactions: TheKrell
I have a 211z on my account for tailgating.. they just started a new site to log into and turn it on/off by myself.
I just turned it on. I will have to test it in a few days. My only issue is I'm sure it will require a hit sent to it so I'll end up calling anyway - they should have added a button to "send Hits" to receivers also.
They did, Go to Dish Outdoors...

Two things that popped into my head. The first was a possible stacking of receivers and second was a possible hardware conflict.

If one tells a csr I want to activate a receiver for a vacation home vice i want to activate a receiver, sounds like stacking.

The second issue about hardware conflict is more straightforward. Add a 211 or Wally. If you want 4K, that will only be a Hopper 3.

If the "movable receiver" wasn't a 211 or a Wally, it cannot be activated on a Hopper account - PERIOD.

Two things that popped into my head. The first was a possible stacking of receivers and second was a possible hardware conflict.

If one tells a csr I want to activate a receiver for a vacation home vice i want to activate a receiver, sounds like stacking.

The second issue about hardware conflict is more straightforward. Add a 211 or Wally. If you want 4K, that will only be a Hopper 3.
Thus my post above...

Sent from my KFDOWI using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)