Dish won't even answer their phones now / pissed football fans?

It was on sling
DISH never had YES so they didn't drop it. Just as Directv and DISH never added the newer LA Dodgers RSN for the same reasons. The three RSN's in NY were at the time expensive to the extreme let alone now. I was happy when DISH did not put that cost on us. Second your own post illustrates what DISH said. They looked over how many subs they had there, how many would likely leave and figured out the best thing was to not carry those RSN's - and here we are your roommate has DISH.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

That second year price for DirecTV is a big jump, plus I believe they have a RSN fee and Dish does not ( things could change once they settle with Sinclair's Fox Sports), also Box Fees could be different between the two and can really add to the monthly charge.
Feel free to post all the differences. I would like to know if the "tough negotiation" tactics Dish uses actually works to keep costs down for us consumers. If you have hard numbers to back it up, feel free to post them

I'd have paid whatever for Mav.. for Boston sports.. for whatever channel is dumped next. Make it al la carte... I'll pay for whatever you wanna charge. No issue at all. Make it not available, I'll look elsewhere.. even after investing in the "best hardware". The dish defenders are blind.
You're blind. "Make it a la carte" Dish or no one else can do that unless they have approval from the channel owner. For all we know, Dish is trying to make the channels ala carte, and that's what the dispute is about. No one knows.

Feel free to post all the differences. I would like to know if the "tough negotiation" tactics Dish uses actually works to keep costs down for us consumers. If you have hard numbers to back it up, feel free to post them
Tough negotiations are what brought the flex pack and optional locals. The channel owners didn't just lie down and allow those. I have access to most of the AT200 channels and only pay for them as I use them, paying half of what AT200 costs. So that is all the proof you need that these tough negotiations have been useful.

Reactions: Tampa8 and TheKrell
Got on the chat to raise hell...this is what I'm seeing.
Bj55ViF.jpg

412..... wow.

The problem is that we have never seen the actual numbers.

Not once have they said they did not have to raise rates due to holding out in a dispute.

I honestly think ALL the content providers are sick and tired of dealing with Dish every time a contract comes up for renewal and that’s why we see these disputes getting more nasty by running messages and ads every 10 minutes and channels going away for longer periods Of time.

I think it’s at the point where content providers don’t care about the 9 million Dish Network subscribers.

If customers really want HBO for example they will subscribe to HBO online. If they want fox sports, maybe a subscription to YouTube Tv, or maybe the customer switches providers.

I still see the same $5 price increases on Dish every year, as I do Comcast and Directv.

If Dish is really fighting for you, then why raise rates the same every year?

Like I said, I think they are bickering over pennies, nickels, dimes and the occasional quarter.

They do not raise their rates $4.75, it’s always an even amount of money.

These pennies, nickels and dimes that are being saved, get multiplied by 10 million subscribers and are profit for Dish.

If Dish cared about you, they would be automatically issuing a credit for several dollars not just for the loss of a single channel, but the inconvenience of not having the entire package of channels in which you subscribe to.

Sure it’s just 1 or 2 channels, but I have to pay for 20 other channels which i don’t care for or watch to get the 1 channel I do.

You take away that 1 channel, you might as well remove the other 20 your forcing me to take. That’s why the credit should be several dollars.

Tough negotiations are what brought the flex pack and optional locals. The channel owners didn't just lie down and allow those. I have access to most of the AT200 channels and only pay for them as I use them, paying half of what AT200 costs. So that is all the proof you need that these tough negotiations have been useful.
But every time these blackouts happen, Dish's stance is they don't want to pay increased fees. Has there been a blackout where Dish said "we're trying to give you more package options"? It's a PR thing. They keep fighting the "unreasonable" increases, but it doesn't help 90% of their customers. They continue to see their bills going up.

But every time these blackouts happen, Dish's stance is they don't want to pay increased fees. Has there been a blackout where Dish said "we're trying to give you more package options"? It's a PR thing. They keep fighting the "unreasonable" increases, but it doesn't help 90% of their customers. They continue to see their bills going up.
I dunno. Maybe it's just the simplest answer, that would resonate with most people. It sure does seem to be the single-minded focus here by most, even when I point out there are other factors involved.

Ummm.. reality check... ultimately it's up to the "provider" to provide the channels. You're so sensitive that you call others "ignorant" and wishing them to cry... bwaa ha ha..
Lost in the fact of trying to keep costs down that if they don't provide channels that people want.. they'll look elsewhere.

When long time customers leave ... channels leave.. little will be left.
The "Provider" didn't just decide to stop broadcasting those programs. Yes, it's initially up to them, and Dish has been "providing" them. FOX b locked the channels, not Dish.

OK, so I got curious what the price difference was between Dish & Direct. I just went to their websites (because these companies always present ALL the facts to the public, right) and here's what I found...

Dish Top 120: $60/month
Direct Select (155+): $60

Dish Top 120+: $70
Direct Entertainment (160+): $65

Dish Top 200: $80
Direct Choice (185+): $70

Dish Top 250: $90
Direct Xtra (235+): $80

Direct Ultimate (250+): $85
Direct Premier: (330+): $135

I did not look through each package to see what channels match up. So it's possible if there's a specific channel you want to see, it could be available in a lower package on one or the other. I also know that Dish's prices are two year locks and Directs are one year. But I'll be honest, it doesn't really look like Dish (at the least the customers) are really benefiting from all this "hard ball" negotiation that's been going on for years.
Initial prices are one thing. Dish has a 2 yr price lock, DTV's is 1 year, I believe. The DTV customers I deal with almost always say that DTV raises the bill about every 33 months after that

Yeah lowest rates because they don’t carry half the channels your supposed to get. If all you want is Tv, the price might be lower, but most people have this service called INTERNET, which last time I checked DISH does not offer.

So in most cases, after you buy your internet from a 3rd party provider such as Comcast, AT&T, Spectrum or Cox and combine it with Dish Tv service, the price is actually more money than if you got everything from the cable company.

I can do Comcast right now for about $115/mo including (2) televisions, DVR, 125 channels, 200 meg internet (including regional sports) after taxes and a rental modem for $115/mo.

If you have your own modem it’s $102

Can Dish do that?

When the 2 years expire, they will let you do another 2 year agreement.

Will Dish do that? Or do they want to play their existing customer higher prices game?

No HBO, No Fox Sports, No Big Ten... Too many channels to try to list.

When I started selling Dish back in 1997, it was truly an amazing company. $19.99 was the every day low price, and people where lining up at my door to sign up.

Over the past 22 years, what once was a young boy from Tennessee who wanted to own a satellite company, turned into a corporate multi billion dollar greedy millionaire.

You may think your getting a low price, but the fees will suffocate you to death.

I never heard of customers paying $5 for not having a receiver connected to a phone line, or better yet a $5 fee if you don’t have a DVR.

The turning point for me was when they simplified receiver fees and charged $17 for a 722. My bill went up $50 since I had 6 on my account.

The best Dish could do for me was suggest they downgrade me to 612’s

Quit trying to defend them... you know they screwed up this time. It’s no longer the great company it was 10 years ago.
Stop it Claude. The ONLY Channels that are down are HBO and Cinemax - that's on AT&T and the Fox channels. Also, I had Comcast before I had Dish. I had to sign up for their BS Triple play for $99.00 per month - even though I didn't have a phone. I paid a month in advance. I had auto deduct setup out of my Checking Acct. 4 months in I got a double bill. They said I missed a month - a game I hear from a lot of people they like to play. 18 months in, my bill, with no changes, was $239.00 a month. 20 months, I got a double bill - again. When I threatened them with my lawyer they suddenly found their error. By then my bill was $270.00 per month - that's when I jumped ship to Dish - where my bill is the same every single month. And when it did go up, I got them to drop it right back down again. You know how?? Another 2 yr agreement, so YES, the do that.

When I tried to get my Comcast bill down, "Cindy" didn't care.

What good is having what you may consider the best hardware, if you can’t get the channels you want.
I get all the channels I want. I'm good to go! Many Dishsubs are, too

Stop it Claude. The ONLY Channels that are down are HBO and Cinemax - that's on AT&T and the Fox channels. Also, I had Comcast before I had Dish. I had to sign up for their BS Triple play for $99.00 per month - even though I didn't have a phone. I paid a month in advance. I had auto deduct setup out of my Checking Acct. 4 months in I got a double bill. They said I missed a month - a game I hear from a lot of people they like to play. 18 months in, my bill, with no changes, was $239.00 a month. 20 months, I got a double bill - again. When I threatened them with my lawyer they suddenly found their error. By then my bill was $270.00 per month - that's when I jumped ship to Dish - where my bill is the same every single month. And when it did go up, I got them to drop it right back down again. You know how?? Another 2 yr agreement, so YES, the do that.

When I tried to get my Comcast bill down, "Cindy" didn't care.

I get all the channels I want. I'm good to go! Many Dishsubs are, too

You don’t have to take a phone with Comcast to get the best deal. Drop the phone and you’ll save $10.

But then again Comcast has the channels your currently missing and has fast reliable internet.

But I’m sure you like Dish so much, you must have Hughesnet as your internet provider.

Admit it, Dish is going down buddy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts