$#@!% Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

B Van

Original poster
May 31, 2008
Well all I get 110 no 119,they say maybe the LNB but nobody in this area of NY to check it, zip code 10921,Florida NY help

Oh thanks for oh so little info

how about some more of the setup
-switch involved
-what type of LNB (DishPro, DishProPLus, Legacy??)
-what receivers involved
-when you bring up the signal screen, how much signal are you getting?

More info

I have Dish Network Dish 500 with a quad LNB. I can only get satellite 110, about 50% signal. Under main menu, check switch, install summary, I can't select satellite 119. The screen says just 110 and one satellite missing. Dish "Customer Support" is no help. They gave me two local #s to call for service and both of them have been disconnected. The third # they gave me, when I call that guy, he says I have to call Dish Network (!). We've been a month with no service and no good answers.

what receiver?

Usually in the receiver menu there is a "point angles" option to put in your zip and it will give you the angles to point the dish at

We have two receivers, both 301. We have the angle thing okay. We are locked onto satellite 110. Under status it says, "Warning--only one satellite connected". There is no way I can find to connect satellite 119.

Bull go to Menu 6 1 3, and run the system info test, that'll tell you if you've got LNB drift, if he has 50% signal, Dish Network sent out a software upgrade for all 301/311/381 recievers (about 4-6 weeks ago), and they now show a modified signal, that is actually about a 90-95% signal on a non-modified. Under the check switch screen, if 110 is in slot 1 and not 2, then your Dish needs to be re-peaked =)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that happened to me, when one of my two Dish 500s got out of alignment severely. Resolved when the Dish service guy came out and realigned the dish. Cost me $50 bucks but worth it. ($100 service call with a $50 discount.) I still don't know why I couldn't get it back in alignment myself. Maybe a lack of patience.

Fitzie

Is you Line of Sight good?

As others have suggested has any trees, branches or other vegetation grown up that I might cause an issue?

Also, I have read that the Quad DISH Pro LNB's have a slightly higher failure rate because of the internal switch.

Has anything else changed in your setup recently? Added or removed hardware - - - cabling - - - anything?

Last edited:
Well all I get 110 no 119,they say maybe the LNB but nobody in this area of NY to check it, zip code 10921,Florida NY help
I don't see that as possible..There is a Dish Network Service office in Middletown.
I should know, I almost took a management position there. Spoke to the GM on the phone. Call dish and set a up a service call.

Negative. Could be LNB drift, or the Dish itself has moved ;) if it does that error, on both recievers, my guess would be re-peak

But wouldn't 119 still be available to select in the point dish screen, even with no signal the satellite and its transponders would be there for testing. It their was no feed at all I would think that would create the issue where the 119 is gone from the menus completely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)