DISH1000 signal Pacific Northwest

Iam in Newport OR I have a dish 1000 i get 95 on 119 86 on 110 67 on 129. the voom ch are good for about 45min or so and the I loos them check sing and 119 and 110 are the same but 129 is 43 no wind or rain wait 7 min and it back to 67 and is good for 45 min or so and back to 43.

Just got my setup installed today. The installer was a nice guy. We chatted about the D1000 which he had in the truck built for me. He put up the 1000 peaked it and it wasn't a pretty sight.. no 129 transponder above 65 and lower signal on 110 and 119. Put back the 500 and swung the extra dish I had on the house to 129 now I get between 65 and 75 through the transponders.

Sam

pdxsam said:
Just got my setup installed today. The installer was a nice guy. We chatted about the D1000 which he had in the truck built for me. He put up the 1000 peaked it and it wasn't a pretty sight.. no 129 transponder above 65 and lower signal on 110 and 119. Put back the 500 and swung the extra dish I had on the house to 129 now I get between 65 and 75 through the transponders.

Sam

Also had my install today (added a 622). Got him to remove my existing 1000 and put in two 500's. Big improvement. Transponder one hits 85. The lowest numbers are at 70+. Also love my 622, it is awesome!!

FantasyChannel said:
1000 masts are the same as 500s.
No, they are not.

The 1000 mast has a longer "J" so that there's more clearance when wall mounting. They ARE the same diameter, and are generally interchangable - except when you need the extra length.

Whew....well, after the wifes call I thought that 622 was going to be one burnt pile of ......, and it was hot when I got home three hours later. but I hard booted it and this morning its running ok. My signals keep dropping off though on the dish 1000. I'm in Mount Vernon, Wa. The 622 still is acting up so I'm calling dish networks tech's tommorrow to see what they say. I'm wondering if I should go back to two dish's instead of the 1000.

SimpleSimon said:
No, they are not.

The 1000 mast has a longer "J" so that there's more clearance when wall mounting. They ARE the same diameter, and are generally interchangable - except when you need the extra length.

The discussion wasn't about the length of the mast.

So..............is anyone in the PNW or the West Coast for that matter receiving what they consider to be acceptable signal strength on the 129 bird with a D1000??

I would have to consider my signal acceptable, as I have not lost a signal all winter and there has been a lot of snow and an unusual amount of rain earlier this winter. I prob. don't qualify as a "PNW" or West Coast, but I am in NE Ca. in heavily forested area. But I am using a second DP500 for 129.

Dirtydan said:
I would have to consider my signal acceptable, as I have not lost a signal all winter and there has been a lot of snow and an unusual amount of rain earlier this winter. I prob. don't qualify as a "PNW" or West Coast, but I am in NE Ca. in heavily forested area. But I am using a second DP500 for 129.

Dirtydan, what signal readings are you pulling in for 129?

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
New member - great forum you got here.
I just got my 622/Dish1000 installed yesterday (in Redmond). 129 seems to hover around 50 or so. I thought I'd give it a few days to see how it goes, but after last night it's pretty clear this isn't going to cut it. I had a 508/Dish500 before (no HD) and never had a problem. Right now I'm debating whether to try tweaking it myself (using the wealth of knowledge I've found here), or just calling Dish and let them try to fix it. It sounds like the most successful solution for the NW has been to use a separate dish for 129. I've still got my original Dish300 from my very first setup laying in the garage (I think they took my 500 when they installed the 1000). Would that work for picking up 129, or is that worth trying? Would I need a new lnb, switch, etc?

downriver said:
So..............is anyone in the PNW or the West Coast for that matter receiving what they consider to be acceptable signal strength on the 129 bird with a D1000??

I was initially after the 1000 was installed. Not great numbers but no droppoffs. It seems to me the trouble began around the end of January. The numbers dropped about 10 points overall and the signal became unreliable. Maybe it's just coincidence that this seemed to happen around the time Dish was gearing up on changing things for the new programing releases. I hope there isn't something wrong with the 129 sat and whatever it is can get fixed. And I hope it doesn't effect them getting HD locals out to Seattle.

George Jetson said:
Hi Guys,
New member - great forum you got here.
I just got my 622/Dish1000 installed yesterday (in Redmond). 129 seems to hover around 50 or so. I thought I'd give it a few days to see how it goes, but after last night it's pretty clear this isn't going to cut it. I had a 508/Dish500 before (no HD) and never had a problem. Right now I'm debating whether to try tweaking it myself (using the wealth of knowledge I've found here), or just calling Dish and let them try to fix it. It sounds like the most successful solution for the NW has been to use a separate dish for 129. I've still got my original Dish300 from my very first setup laying in the garage (I think they took my 500 when they installed the 1000). Would that work for picking up 129, or is that worth trying? Would I need a new lnb, switch, etc?

Check around the site, the installers have never hauled away my dishes when they do an install. Usually they just drop them off the chimney and I find them lying on the ground. If you go to a 500 set up for 129 you will need two dishes.
My installer said the best results (and easiest install) would be to go with two 500's. Sorry, I don't know the answer re the 300 or the switches, etc. I'm sure there are lots of folks here who do though. Dish should be willing to schedule an install for you for the changes. Go to option 3 for technical help and try to get an advanced tech. Play the csr roulette if you get someone who isn't helpful.

Dish 300 for 129 in PacNW?

I have a Dish 500 (in use) and an old (1997 vintage) 300 dish abandoned on the side of the house. Could I use the 300 to get 129? Think that I'd need a dishpro 34 switch too, I suppose to integrate the signals to the two receivers in the house.

bxl4 said:
I have a Dish 500 (in use) and an old (1997 vintage) 300 dish abandoned on the side of the house. Could I use the 300 to get 129? Think that I'd need a dishpro 34 switch too, I suppose to integrate the signals to the two receivers in the house.

Yes you can use the 300 dish pointing to 129. What lnb is currently on your 500?

bxl4 said:

Just make sure you use a DP dual or DP single for the 300 dish.

bxl4 said:
Um, what are my choices? Can I run a diagnostic from the TV to get the LNB data?

In the point dish screen under check switch it should display what you are connected to, or by going outside and looking at the dish. I'm guessing you have a DishPro LNB and it will say it on the LNB itself. If you do then use the DP34 switch with a DP Dual as mentioned before. In the chance that you have a Legacy Twin you can use a Legacy dual and two SW21 switches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts