Dish500 dish w/ DirecTV Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ramtruck03

Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
I am trying to connect an old Dish500 dish to a Directv Receiver. I am unable to get the correct sat. tuned in. I get one that is correct (119, believe) keep getting the message "Wrong Satellite" on 101. I set the skew to 71.5 degrees (Kansas City). After messing around with it I placed the Dish500 dish next to the DirecTV dish and the skew angle doesn't even look close. Is there a difference between the two as far as "skew" angles? Is there a conversion chart somewhere?

Thanks for your help in advance.

What are you trying to do use 1 dish for 101 and then set a dish 500 for 110 & 119?
Dish electronics can't be used for reception of 110 period, you need a SAT C kit which needs to be modified to fit in DISH's mount. Only DISH LEGACY dual LNBFs will work for reception of 101 or 119 Directv signals, Twins and Quads are not compatible with Directv.

I am trying to get both Dishes to get Both Satellites. I am going on vacation in Michigan and want to be able to use both Dishes to get Directv (one for my wife and I, and the other for my in-law). The Dish 500 dish is an older dish with 2 lnb's on it that I got about 3 years ago. It is an oval style dish. I am not sure what you mean when you say "dual LNBF's". How do I know if I have a "dual LNBF" a twin or a quad. I want to be able to get the same channels with the Dish500 dish as the DirecTV Dish.

Thanks again.

ramtruck03 said:
I am trying to get both Dishes to get Both Satellites. I am going on vacation in Michigan and want to be able to use both Dishes to get Directv (one for my wife and I, and the other for my in-law). The Dish 500 dish is an older dish with 2 lnb's on it that I got about 3 years ago. It is an oval style dish. I am not sure what you mean when you say "dual LNBF's". How do I know if I have a "dual LNBF" a twin or a quad. I want to be able to get the same channels with the Dish500 dish as the DirecTV Dish.

Thanks again.
Sounds like you need a $30 multiswitch instead of another dish. Try this site http://www.switchinfo.info/index.htm

I don't want to have to string a lot of cable between the cabins that we will be at, so a multi switch really won't help me out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)