Need info on install of the Dtv triple dish w/5 recv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hamiltonk

Original poster
Jul 12, 2004
Ok, I'm trying to get locals from another area than I actually live in. I'm being told I need a Triple dish to receive Charlotte, NC locals. I already have a triple LNB dish, (Got it from a friend) it currently has 3 cables coming from the transponder? I currently have a dual LNB from one round dish. I also have like 3 inputs, 2 for Satellite and one an antenna. I have 8 out puts. Do I need another piece of equipment to connect the triple LNB? Do I need a certain kind of Switch box???? I need my locals, (NASCAR FAN). Just signed up for Dave so I'm stuck with them for a year I guess. Cable's not an option $36.00 for there cheapest package.

First are you under the spot beam for Charlotte, if you can't see the spotbeam it makes no difference what dish you mount you won't see the channels. What tripple LNBF dish do you have? A Phase 3 is 18 X 20 inches and the LNBFs are one piece. "Phase 1 & 2 dishes" are 18 X 24" and have 3 separate LNBFs attached to a switch. A transponder is in outerspace it is part of the satellite so that is probably a switch that has three cables coming off it. You need to learn more about your terminology, try http://www.switchinfo.info/index.htm

It's a 3 LNB connected or joined as one piece

Not sure if I can see the beam for Charlotte, NC from WI? When I use to test I could get Charlotte's Locals

Hamiltonk said:
Not sure if I can see the beam for Charlotte, NC from WI? When I use to test I could get Charlotte's Locals
Forget it you cannot see Charlotte's spot beam from WI!!!!!! :no :no :no

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts