DishAnywhere Not Responding on Dell Laptop, Win 10, Intel Graphics 620

JJinVista

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
I've seen a recent post on problems with DishAnywhere since the U511 update. However, I appear to be having a different type of problem.

I get logged on OK, I get a message saying I'm connected to my home receiver, and I can even see the icons for content which I've recorded on my DVR - and they're accurate, not like some of the issues reported post-U511.

But as soon as I attempt to "Watch Live" content, the DishAnywhere plugin takes off:
- I get the messages "Loading Video Player", ... "Connecting to your Receiver",
- The app shows the name of the program in the upper left (e.g. CBS News)
- The bottom of the screen shows the control icons (play / pause, etc)
- The elapsed time counter tics off to around 7 seconds,
- The Bitrate in the upper right shows upwards of 5,000 - 6,000 Kbps
- All the while the main viewing portion of the screen is blank.
Then the app freezes.

I can go back to the browser, and it's responsive - if I hover over another title I'll get a pop-up asking if I want to "Watch". But the DishAnywhere playback app remains frozen.

I get the same results if I try to watch recorded content from my DVR.

I'm running DishAnywhere on a Dell Inspiron 13-5378.
Windows 10
Firefox 59.0.2
Intel HD Graphics 620

I believe this last hardware item is significant because I've seen an online post of a similar problem with an Intel 630 chipset which was causing a condition similar to mine. The problem computer was a desktop unit, and the workaround was - get a new graphics card and bypass the Intel built-in graphics!
Here's the link...
Solved: Dishanywhere on Win10 Hangs 5 seconds after launch - Page 2 - mydish communities

I've investigated driver updates from Microsoft, Dell, and Intel (Intel deferred to Dell for an OEM-specific update), and the problem still occurs with the latest drivers.

I've tried running under the Edge browser. Same results.

I'm a new Dish customer (2 days), so I can't compare the problem I'm having to pre-U511. But it doesn't appear to be anything related to my in-home receiver setup since I can get DishAnywhere to run fine on my Android phone and on a Windows 7 Desktop computer.

Anyone having similar issues?
Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Usually, I can get Dish Anywhere to work OK on my Dell M4800 laptop and Windows 10. The Dish Anywhere app runs on the built-in intel video adapter rather than the AMD Firepro graphics card that also in the laptop (It only uses the AMD card when necessary).

The only thing I can suggest is to make sure you have the latest driver installed for your video card. Also, you can use Windows setup to remove both DishAnywherePlayer and Dish Anywhere Video Player. The next time that you use Dish Anywhere with your browser they will reload automatically. That will insure that you have the latest versions of those two Dish apps.

Newest driver for Intel graphics is 630. I just updated mine recently. Not sure if that would cause your problem, but just an FYI

Newest driver for Intel graphics is 630. I just updated mine recently. Not sure if that would cause your problem, but just an FYI
I appreciate any and all input on this, but the 620 / 630 refer to two different Intel graphic products, rather than driver versions for a single graphic product.

But just out of curiousity, did your 630 graphics unit always "work" with DishAnywhere, or did it require a subsequent driver release to fix things?

I appreciate any and all input on this, but the 620 / 630 refer to two different Intel graphic products, rather than driver versions for a single graphic product.

But just out of curiousity, did your 630 graphics unit always "work" with DishAnywhere, or did it require a subsequent driver release to fix things?
Outside of the issues last week, yes, it's been good

You did not mention which browser you are using.

Try a different browser, sometimes the browser we use daily gets corrupted and will no longer perform the really difficult tasks asked of it.

You did not mention which browser you are using.

Try a different browser, sometimes the browser we use daily gets corrupted and will no longer perform the really difficult tasks asked of it.

I'm running DishAnywhere on a Dell Inspiron 13-5378.
Windows 10
Firefox 59.0.2
Intel HD Graphics 620

I've tried running under the Edge browser. Same results.

Solved! ...with multiple driver rollbacks, reinstall.

I now have a working DishAnywhere app on my Dell Laptop running Windows 10 with an Intel HD Graphics 620 chipset. I stumbled upon the fix by rolling back the Intel 620 driver for the Display Adaptor, multiple versions, trying each one with Dishanywhere (which continued to fail). When I had rolled back all Intel drivers and was down to running the Microsoft Basic Display Driver, Dishanywhere worked!

I then installed the latest Intel Display Adaptor driver, letting Windows search for it, and Dishanywhere continued to work.

Steps:
- from Device Manager, expand Display Adaptor to show the Intel Graphics 620 component
- Right click this entry. Properties. Driver tab. If it shows an Intel driver, then choose Roll back driver. Reboot.
- repeat rolling back the driver as in the previous step until it shows the Microsoft Basic Display Driver.
- at this point, you can test DishAnywhere - hopefully it works. Then in Device Manager, Display Adaptor, Intel Graphics, Properties, Driver, choose Update driver, using the Search Automatically option.

Doing a simple driver update must not have "cleaned up" whatever it was with one of the older drivers that was causing the display to freeze with a blank screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts