Dishcomm 222/722 Question

pparry

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 17, 2006
Now that its finally after August 15th I am going to be calling to set up Dish in next week or two (I want to wait a little to make sure I get a 722). :)
I am going to be getting a 722 and a 222. I know that the 722 and 222 are supposed to have Dishcomm and that the ethernet ports were just turned on. What I would like to do is have the 222 connected to my router and have the 222 and 722 communicate with each other via the Dishcomm (homeplug) in each unit. Is it possible to do this so that I wouldn't need to use a phone line on either receiver? Would it also allow me to use the Dishonline service?

Thanks in advance.

If you get a HomePlug power line adapter and connect it to your router, your Dish receivers should be able to pull an IP address that way.

Just make sure that the adapter you get is a 1.0 or 1.1 adapter (14 or 85 Mbps), the HomePlug AV adapters are faster, but are not compatible with the DishComm equipment.

If you get a HomePlug power line adapter and connect it to your router, your Dish receivers should be able to pull an IP address that way.

I actually am trying to find out if I can avoid getting Homeplug power adapter- since the 222 would be plugged in directly via ethernet, could I communicate between 722 and 222 via Dishcomm?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts